The Swiss Africa Business Innovation Initiative (SABII) seeks to bolster the entrepreneurial knowledge, technicality and exposure of African graduate students such as entrepreneurs seeking opportunities to startup and develop by offering a unique program bringing entrepreneurs to innovation hotspot in Morocco and Switzerland. The SABII Advanced Startup Training & Business Development Camp 2020 is an opportunity for these young African graduates with entrepreneurial aspirations to realize their ambition.
Basically, if you an entrepreneur with a startup from an African innovation hub or academic background in the field of Mobile health, Innovative Financing or Digital Humanities (transfer of knowledge) then you are hereby encouraged to apply for the Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative (SABII) Advance Startup Training and Business Development Camp 2020.
About the Swiss Africa Business Innovation Initiative Advanced Startup Training And Business Development Camp 2020
The Swiss Africa Business Innovation Initiative (SABII) Advanced Startup Training and Business Development Camp 2020 is offered free of charge to aspiring young entrepreneurs with essential academic background. This innovative initiative for startup training and business development is highly competitive as program comprises of a 3 days workshop in Marrakesh, Morocco for advanced innovation entrepreneurs which include the following;
- Day 1: Learn to deliver unique customer value, master a convincing pitch and define a peculiar business plan
- Day 2: Shape a winning team and secure funding for growth
- Day 3: Individual coaching sessions, followed by the presentation of your pitch to an African – Swiss jury who will select eight candidates for 4 days engaging entrepreneurial development week in Switzerland.
The benefits or prizes selected applicants stand the chance to obtain consist of an entrepreneurial and business development program. These programs include
- For the Entrepreneurs workshop in Morocco: 20 selected winners are offered three days of advanced entrepreneurial and business development workshop in Marrakesh, Morocco;
- For the Business development Camp in Switzerland: The top 8 participants of the advanced workshop will engage in a 4 days business development roadshow in Switzerland which comprises of company visits, presentations, networking with investors and startup experts etc.
The program is free of charge for selected participants, and will cover the following expenses:
- Flights to Marrakesh and to Switzerland (economy class)
- Accommodation and food in Morocco from 12th of October, 2020 to 16th of October, 2020 as well as in Switzerland (dates are yet to be scheduled)
In order to participate in the SABII Advanced Startup Training and Business Development Camp 2020, Applicants are required to meet certain eligibility criteria. These eligibility criteria include;
- Applicants should be graduate students who may be entrepreneurs or startups from African innovation hubs, with a strong network of academia, developing products or services in the fields of mobile health, innovative financing and digital humanities (knowledge transfer).
- The project or company of the Applicant must be based on research or technology developed at a local university or research institute.
Applicants for the SABII Advanced Startup Training and Business Development 2020 are advised to visit this link to carefully read the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to apply for the program. This workshop will be offered online, in the case of a further lockdown due to COVID-19 or flight restrictions for Morocco or participants’ countries.
Click on this link to apply.
Young African graduates are free to send in their applications before the deadline date scheduled for 28th of June, 2020.