The Subject Combination in JAMB and WAEC is one of the admission requirements that universities need. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Plant Science in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Plant Science. Bring the universities offering this course and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Plant Science
- Firstly, Plant Science is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this is only possible if there are no carryovers.
- Secondly, it is not a very competitive course and with this, students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Thirdly, it is a science course and it is only suitable for this set of students.
- Fourthly, according to JAMB, Plant Science is under the faculty of science.
- Fifthly, job opportunities for one with a degree in Plant Science are much but competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
Furthermore, below are some of the available careers for one with a degree in Plant Science.
- Floral Designer.
- Landscape Technician.
- Landscape Designer.
- Crop Consultant.
- Soil Scientist.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Plant Science
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Plant Science? If so, You will get them below. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Plant Science in WAEC.
- English Language
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Plant Science should include.
- English Language
- Any science subject
List of Universities Offering Plant Science in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Plant Science. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Plant Science.
Here, students should also consider the Universities Offering Plant Science in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Plant Science in Nigeria.
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- FED-DUTSINMA – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE
- FED-GUSAU – FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- UNIJOS – UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE – CALEB
- EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE – EPU
- HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE – UNIHEZ
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Plant Science is 150. Whereas, some federal and state universities cut-off might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure pass the university Post-UTME.