One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Petroleum and Gas Engineering in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses’ subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Petroleum and Gas Engineering. Bring the universities offering it and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Firstly, Petroleum and Gas Engineering is a field of engineering concerned with the activities related to the exploration, extraction and production of hydrocarbon which can be natural gas or crude oil.
- Secondly, Petroleum and Gas Engineering is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this depends on the mode of entry of students and it’s also possible if there are no carryovers.
- Thirdly, it is a science course and with this, it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fourthly, It is a competitive course and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Petroleum and Gas Engineering is high and competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
- Sixthly, according to JAMB, Petroleum and Gas Engineering is under the faculty of engineering but this might be different in some universities.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Petroleum and Gas Engineering
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination Petroleum and Gas Engineering? If So, You will get them here. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Petroleum and Gas Engineering.
- English Language
- Any science subjects
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students’ admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Petroleum and Gas Engineering should include.
- English Language
List of Universities Offering Petroleum and Gas Engineering in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering.
Here, students should also consider the Universities offering Petroleum and Gas Engineering in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Petroleum and Gas Engineering in Nigeria.
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE – FED-OTUOKE
- NIGERIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO, DELTA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, Abuja – NILE
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Petroleum and Gas Engineering is 150. Whereas, some federal university cut-offs mark might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure to pass the university Post-UTME.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Natural Gas Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB, UTME Subject Combinations to Study Petroleum Engineering in Nigeria Universities
- Best Universities To Study Petroleum Engineering In Nigeria