One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses’ subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Nursing/Nursing Science. In addition, it will Bring the universities offering it and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Nursing/Nursing Science
- Firstly, Nursing Science is a course that involves the study of the principles and also the application of nursing.
- Secondly, Nursing/Nursing Science is a course that will take students about five years at the university. But this depends on the mode of entry of students and also if there are no carryovers.
- Thirdly, it is a competitive course and with this, students might find the entrance difficult.
- Fourthly, it is a science and with this, it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Nursing/Nursing Science is high and competitive. So, students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
- Sixthly, according to JAMB, Nursing/Nursing Science is under the faculty of medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science. However, this might be different in some universities.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination Nursing/Nursing Science? If so, They are what You will get them here. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science in WAEC.
- English Language
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students’ admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Nursing/Nursing Science should include.
- English Language
List of Universities Offering Nursing/Nursing Science in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Nursing/Nursing Science. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Nursing/Nursing Science.
Here, students should also consider the Universities offering Nursing/Nursing Science in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Nursing/Nursing Science in Nigeria.
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE – OSUMS
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNICAL – UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE – FED-KEBBI
- UNIBADAN – UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- UNILORIN – UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIJOS – UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- UNIMAID – UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE – NOUN
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- UNIPORT – UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNN – UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- ATIBA UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – ATIBA
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE – BINGHAM
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PAMO
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- RHEMA UNIVERSITY, ABA, ABIA STATE – RHEMA
Nevertheless, now that you know the subject combination for Nursing/Nursing Science and the universities offering the courses the admission requirements is important. Not only but also, you will get the breakdown below.
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Nursing/Nursing Science is 180. Whereas some federal and state university cut-off marks might be 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for. Obviously, this is important as all universities’ cut-ff marks are not the same.
Also, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council). Similar to any O’Level exam like NECO (National Examination Council).
Lastly and Importantly, Applicants should also ensure to pass the university Post-UTME. Furthermore, this is important as a university Post-UTME also determines applicants’ admission.