One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC—notably, one of the reasons for changing students’ courses is the combination of the wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mathematics with Computer Science in this post.
Also, you should note that the subject combinations of the two courses might not be the same as both might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Mathematics with Computer Science. Bring the universities offering it; meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Mathematics with Computer Science
- Firstly, the Mathematics with Computer Science course will take students about four years at the University. But this depends on the student’s entry mode and is also possible if there are no carryovers.
- Secondly, it is a science course, which is suitable for only this set of students.
- Thirdly, it is not a very competitive course, and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fourthly, job availability for one with a Mathematics and Computer Science degree is high and competitive. Students should graduate with an excellent degree to secure a job quickly.
- Fifthly, according to JAMB, Mathematics with Computer Science is under the science faculty, but this might be different in some universities.
Are you seeking the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Mathematics with Computer Science? They are what You will get here. This is important for students who want to study this course.
WAEC Subject Combination for Mathematics with Computer Science
You need at least five subjects in WAEC (West Africa Examination Council). You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Mathematics with Computer Science.
- English Language
- Any of Economics or Geography
JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics with Computer Science
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), You need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is responsible for students’ admission into the University. The JAMB subject combination for Mathematics with Computer Science should include.
- English Language
- Any two of Physics, Chemistry, Geography and Economics
List of Universities Offering Mathematics with Computer Science in Nigeria
In addition, there are many universities in Nigeria where students can choose to study Mathematics with Computer Science. But it all comes down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to mathematics with computer science.
Here, students should also consider that mathematics ties computer sciences with computer science in Nigeria as they are essential. Thus, they should also conduct studies about the universities, like their admission requirements, school fees and other helpful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will find the universities offering mathematics with computer science in Nigeria.
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA
- NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA – NOUN
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT – UNIPORT
The JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Mathematics with Computer Science is 150. Some federal and state universities’ cut-off marks might be 180 and 200. So, students must check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure they pass the University Post-UTME.