One admission requirement that universities need is a combination of subjects in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing students’ courses is the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Marine Biology and Fisheries in this post.
Also, you should note that the subject combinations of the two courses might not be the same as both might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Marine Biology and Fisheries. Bringing the universities offering it will provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Marine Biology and Fisheries
- Firstly, Marine Biology and Fisheries is a course that studies biology and marine organisms.
- Secondly, Marine Biology and Fisheries is a course that will take students about four years at the University. However, this depends on the student’s entry mode and if there are carryovers.
- Thirdly, it is a science course, suitable for only this set of students.
- Fourthly, it is not a very competitive course, and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a Marine Biology and Fisheries degree is high and competitive. Students should graduate with an excellent degree to secure a job quickly.
- Fourthly, according to JAMB, Marine Biology and Fisheries are under the science faculty, which might differ in some universities.
If You are looking for the Subject Combination for Marine Biology and Fisheries in JAMB &
WAEC Subject Combination for Marine Biology and Fisheries
WAEC, You will get them here. This is important for students who want to study this course. You need at least five subjects in WAEC (West Africa Examination Council). You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Marine Biology and Fisheries.
- English Language
JAMB Subject Combination for Marine Biology and Fisheries
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), you need four subjects, and English is compulsory. Also, this examination is responsible for students’ admission into the University. The combination of JAMB subjects for marine biology and fisheries should be included.
- English Language
- Physics or Mathematics
List of Universities Offering Marine Biology and Fisheries in Nigeria
In addition, there are many universities in Nigeria where students can choose to study Marine Biology and Fisheries. But it all comes down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to Marine Biology and Fisheries.
Here, students should consider the universities offering marine biology and fisheries in Nigeria as essential. They should also carry out studies about the universities, such as the admission requirements, school fees, and other helpful information.
Meanwhile, below, You will get to know the universities Offering Marine Biology and Fisheries in Nigeria.
Direct Entry Requirement
Below is the Direct Entry Requirement for Wesley University:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and Chemistry.
The JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Marine Biology and Fisheries is 140. Some federal and state universities’ cut-off marks might be 180 and 200. So, students must check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure they pass the University Post-UTME.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Marine Engineering
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Fisheries
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Fisheries Management