One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Linguistics and Communication Studies in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses’ subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about these courses. Bring the universities offering it and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Linguistics and Communication Studies
- Firstly, Linguistics and Communication Studies is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this is only possible if there are no carryovers but it also depends on the mode of entry.
- Secondly, it is an art course and it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Thirdly, it is not a very competitive course and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fourthly, according to JAMB, Linguistics and Communication Studies is under the faculty of art. But this might be different under some universities.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Linguistics and Communication Studies is high but competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Linguistics and Communication Studies
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination Linguistics and Communication Studies? If so, You will get them here. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Linguistics and Communication Studies in WAEC.
- English Language
- Any Language subject
- Any two art subjects
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students’ admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination Linguistics and Communication Studies should include.
- English Language
- Three art subjects
List of Universities Offering Linguistics and Communication Studies in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Linguistics and Communication Studies. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Linguistics and Communication Studies.
Here, students should also consider the Universities Offering Linguistics and Communication Studies in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Linguistics and Communication Studies in Nigeria.
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Linguistics and Communication Studies is 150. Whereas, some federal university cut-offs might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure pass the university Post-UTME.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for (O’Level) Agric-Extension and Rural Sociology
- Subject Combination for (O’Level) Computer Information and Communication Science
- How to Create JAMB Profile for UTME Online Registration