One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing students’ courses is the combination of the wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Geology and Mining in this post.
Also, you should note that the subject combinations of the two courses might not be the same as both might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Geology and Mining. Bring the universities offering it; meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Geology and Mining
- Firstly, Geology and Mining is a course combining the principles of economic geology and mining engineering to develop a defined mineral resource.
- Secondly, the Geology and Mining course will take students about four years at the University. But this depends on students’ entry mode and is also possible if there are no carryovers.
- Thirdly, it is a science course suitable for only this set of students.
- Fourthly, it is not a very competitive course, and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Geology and Mining is low but competitive. Students should graduate with an excellent degree to quickly secure a job.
- According to JAMB, Geology and Mining are under the science faculty, but this might differ in some universities.
Are you seeking the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Geology and Mining? If so, they are what You will get here. This is important for students who want to study this course.
WAEC Subject Combination for Geology and Mining
You need at least five subjects in WAEC (West Africa Examination Council). You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level eO’Levelion. Below is the Subject Combination for Geology and Mining.
- English Language
- Any science subjects
JAMB Subject Combination for Geology and Mining
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), you need four subjects, and English is compulsory. Also, this student is responsible for students’ admission into the University. The JAMB subject combination for geology and mining should be included.
- English Language
- Any three of Geography, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
List of Universities Offering Geology and Mining in Nigeria
In addition, there are many universities in Nigeria where students can choose to study Geology and Mining. But it all depends on the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to geology and mining.
Here, students should also consider the Universities offering Geology and Mining in Nigeria as they are essential. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities, like their admission requirements, school fees and other helpful information.
Meanwhile, below, find the universities offering geology and mining in Nigeria.
The JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for geology and mining universities and some federal and state universities might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure they pass the University PostO’LevelAlso, Check Out;