One admission requirement that universities need is the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Geology and Mining in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses’ subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Geology and Mining. Bring the universities offering it and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Geology and Mining
- Firstly, Geology and Mining is a course which combines the principle of economic geology and mining engineering for the development of a defined mineral resource.
- Secondly, Geology and Mining is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this depends on students’ mode of entry and is also possible if there are no carryovers.
- Thirdly, it is a science course and with this, it is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fourthly, it is not a very competitive course and students might not find the entrance difficult.
- Fifthly, job availability for one with a degree in Geology and Mining is low but competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
- Sixthly, according to JAMB, Geology and Mining is under the faculty of science but this might be different in some universities.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Geology and Mining
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Geology and Mining? If so, they are what You will get here. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Geology and Mining.
- English Language
- Any science subjects
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students’ admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Geology and Mining should include.
- English Language
- Any three of Geography, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
List of Universities Offering Geology and Mining in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Geology and Mining. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to Geology and Mining.
Here, students should also consider the Universities offering Geology and Mining in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Geology and Mining in Nigeria.
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – ESUTECH
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS – UNIJOS
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY – GOUU
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Geology and Mining is 150. Whereas, some federal and state universities’ cut-off marks might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure to pass the university Post-UTME.
Also, Check Out;
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Chemical Sciences
- Full List of Oduduwa University (OUI) Courses for Science Students
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Mining Engineering