The Subject Combination in JAMB and WAEC is one of the admission requirements that universities need. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Biotechnology in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Biotechnology. Bring the universities offering this course and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Biotechnology
- Firstly, Biotechnology is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this is possible if there are no carryovers.
- Secondly, it is a very competitive course and with this, students might find the entrance difficult.
- Thirdly, it is a science course and with this, it is only suitable for this set of students.
- Fourthly, according to JAMB, Biotechnology is under the faculty of science.
- Fifthly, job opportunities for one with a degree in Biotechnology are much but they are competitive. Students are to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Biotechnology
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Biotechnology? If so, You will get them below. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Biotechnology in WAEC.
- English Language
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Biotechnology should include
- English Language
- Physics or Mathematics
List of Universities Offering Biotechnology in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Biotechnology. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Biotechnology.
Here, students should also consider the Universities Offering Biotechnology in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Biotechnology in Nigeria.
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE – FED-DUTSE
- The FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- The FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE – ANCHOR-UNI
- ARTHUR JARVIS UNIVERSITY, AKPABUYO, CROSS RIVER STATE – ARTHUR-JARVIS
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE – CRAWFORD
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE – ELIZADE
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE – EVANGEL
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- MICHAEL AND CECILIA IBRU UNIVERSITY, OWHRODE, DELTA STATE – MC-IBRU
- McPHERSON UNIVERSITY, SERIKI SOTAYO, OGUN STATE – MCPHERSON
- MOUNTAIN TOP UNIVERSITY, MAKOGI-OBA, OGUN STATE – MOUNTAIN TOP
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, ABUJA – NILE
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – SALEM
- KINGS UNIVERSITY, ODE-OMU, OSUN STATE – UNIKINGS
- WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE – WESTERN-DEL
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Biotechnology is 150. But some federal and state universities cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure pass the university Post-UTME.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Agricultural Extension and Communication Technology
- Subject Combination for Natural Gas Engineering
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Plant Biology