The Subject Combination in JAMB and WAEC is one of the admission requirements that universities need. Notably, one of the reasons for changing of students course is because of the combination of wrong subjects. Also, you will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Biological Sciences in this post.
Also, you should note that two courses subject combinations might not be the same as both of them might not be in the same field. Be that as it may, this post will tell you what you need to know about Biological Sciences. Bring the universities offering this course and, meanwhile, it will also provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Biological Sciences
- Firstly, Biological Sciences is a course that will take students about four years at the university. But this is possible if there are no carryovers.
- Secondly, it is a very competitive course and with this student might find the entrance difficult.
- Thirdly, it is a science course and is suitable for only this set of students.
- Fourthly, according to JAMB, Biological Sciences is under the faculty of science.
- Fifthly, job opportunities for one with a degree in Biological Sciences are high but competitive. Students should ensure to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
Furthermore, these are some of the available careers for one with a degree in Biological Sciences.
- Research Scientist.
- Nature Conservation Officer.
- Forensic Scientist.
- Government Agency Roles.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Biological Sciences
Are you looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Biological Sciences? If so, You will get them below. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects.
In Fact, you can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Biological Sciences in WAEC.
- English Language
- Any science subjects
Similarly, in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and the English Language is compulsory. Also, this examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Biological Sciences should include.
- English Language
- Mathematics or Physics
List of Universities Offering Biological Sciences in Nigeria
In addition, they are lots of universities in Nigeria that Students can choose to study Biological Sciences. But it all balls down to the one they feel they can apply for and be confident of getting admission to study Biological Sciences.
Here, students should also consider the Universities Offering Biological Sciences in Nigeria as they are important. Thus, they should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information.
Meanwhile, below, you will get the universities offering Biological Sciences in Nigeria
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE – KSUSTA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – NDA
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY, ILARA, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – AUGUSTINE
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – VERITAS
Now, the JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Biological Sciences is 150. Whereas some federal and state university cut-off marks might be 180 and 200. So, students are to ensure they check the JAMB cut-off mark of the University they want to apply for.
Lastly, Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council). Applicants should also ensure pass the university Post-UTME.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Biomedical Technology
- Subject Combination for Education and English Language
- Official NUC & Webometrics Ranking of Universities in Nigeria