The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) for the year 2021 is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
The award gives applicants the chance to have a PhD training, that will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
About the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2021
Singapore is known as one of the gateways to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights. Research areas under the PhD Program fall broadly under two categories Biomedical Sciences and Physical Science and Engineering.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities. The submission deadline for August 2021 intake: 1 December 2020 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including, Tuition fees, Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination, One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500, One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000. Living in Singapore is expected to cost between S$1400- S$2000 monthly, staying on campus is cheaper than staying off the campus area.
Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
Ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted. The submission deadline for August 2021 intake: 1 December 2020 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.
Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for Science and Engineering research, excellent academic qualifications, good reports from academic referees, and fluency in English are encouraged to apply for this award or research and excellent academic results. These are the major eligibility requirements for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA ) for the year 2021
- Applicants must show Good skills in written and spoken English, they must also have good reports from an academic referee. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
- The SINGA application must also include the applicant’s academic record, publications, recommendations from academic referees, personal achievements, passion and ability to excel in research, and an interview if short-listed.
There is no age limit for SINGA applicants, While SINGA is targeted at younger applicants, mature applicants with relevant research experience will be considered for the award.
How to Apply
The application for this program is online, applicants can apply through the award website.
Click on this link to apply.
All Submission should be before the deadline for August 2021 intake: 1 December 2020 (2359hrs GMT +8) Singapore time.
Follow this link to apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2021.