The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) joint venture calls out for applications from qualified candidates for the 2021 Sabbatical and Postgraduate Research Internship.
About the Shell Sabbatical and Post-Graduate Research Internship 2021
Sabbatical Attachment for University Lecturers
The Sabbatical Attachment presents university lecturers starting from the rank of senior lecturer and above a chance to carry out research or other activities that would add to the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria. It also gives them a chance to gain industry-related experience and lectureship at the SPDC JV centres of Excellence.
Duration of the program
The Shell Sabbatical 2021 will be held for 12 months( non-renewable)
- Environment: Impact assessment and biodiversity, environmental toxicology, Air quality assessment, hydrobiology, water chemistry, hydrogeology, ecology, and so on.
- Oil Spill Response: Mechanized Bioremediation
- External relations: Social performance- Social impact assessment and GMoU implementation.
- Community Health: Consultant community Health, Obstetrics and Gynaecology; and Paediatrics.
- UniBen CoE: Geology and Petroleum Engineering.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and project Engineering.
Postgraduate Research Internship for University Students
The Postgraduate Research Internship helps postgraduate students (MSc, M.Phil, and Ph.D.) to have an experience in industry-related work and execute tropical research within The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited ( SPDC).
The program also gives them the privilege to carry out research and other activities that would add to the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC).
Duration of the program
6-12 months (non-renewable)
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Environmental Compliance monitoring.
- Oil Spill Response: Eco-friendly Bioremediation (Non-intrusive)
- Occupational Health: Health Promotion and Epidemiology/ Statistics.
Eligibility Criteria for the Programmes
There are certain requirements that need to be put in place for applicants to be considered for the Shell Sabbatical And Post-Graduate Research Internship 2021:
- Applicants for the Shell Sabbatical must possess relevant teaching and practical experience in specified disciplines.
- Applicants for postgraduate research Internship must be a Nigerian student who is presently enrolled in a Postgraduate degree program in any university.
- Applications for the program that are submitted more than once will be disqualified.
How to Apply
All applicants for the Shell Sabbatical And Post-Graduate Research Internship 2021 are expected to have a valid email and phone number and are also expected to submit the following:
- A summary of how the applicants plan on adding value to the SCiN business during the duration of the 12 months sabbatical (not more than 400 words)
- Relevant work experience.
- Personal and educational information.
- Not more than three referees are required.
- An application letter stating team or disciplines of interest.
- Research proposal which includes: study background, technical objectives, methodology, data required, and expected outcomes (not more than 1300 words)
Kindly take note that the application for the program is free and shortlisted applicants will be sent a notification of their acceptance, also there is no upload of documents required as all relevant documents would be requested from the candidates after they are shortlisted. Applicants are advised to visit the official website for further questions on how to complete their application processes.
All applicants for the Shell Sabbatical And Postgraduate Research Internship 2021 are advised to submit their various applications on or before September 2, 2020. Applications submitted after the stipulated deadline will not be considered.
For more details, visit this link.
CHECK OUT: 2020 Shell Scholarship List for Nigerian Students | CHECK NOW