The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs/UNDP SDG Impact Accelerator Program 2021 is currently open for applications. The second global call for impact entrepreneurs has been opened by the SDGia to find innovative solutions for complex development challenges that are SDG-related. Startups will work on products and services during the second SDGia program in the field of financial inclusion in Bangladesh and digital agriculture in Uganda.
About the Impact Accelerator Program
The digital agriculture challenge in Uganda focusing on a ‘world with zero hunger’ which requires more productive, efficient, sustainable, inclusive, transparent, and resilient food systems will be addressed by the Digital Agriculture Call. The call focuses generally on “industry, innovation, and infrastructure”.
The aim of it is to build resilient infrastructure, give promotion to sustainable industrialization as well as foster innovation in agriculture. The program with this aspect in view aims at the urgent transformation of the current agri-food systems with solutions that are innovative after the COVID 19 pandemic.
The target of the Financial Inclusion Call is the financial inclusion challenge in Bangladesh. The challenge is a critical enabling on many aspects which includes eradicating poverty, achieving food security, ending poverty, and promoting sustainable agriculture which will result in profiting health and well-being.
Topics such as achieving gender equality and economic empowerment of women, promoting the growth of the economy and jobs, supporting industry, innovation, and infrastructure are also enhanced. Therefore the ultimate goal of the program is the transformation of the current financial system with innovative solutions after the pandemic.
The Accelerator program provides the following benefit:
- You get to become part of a global network that will give you support as you work towards the SDGs and create an impact in your world.
- When you get accepted to the Accelerator Program, you will receive an equity grant of $15,000.
- You will be given mentorship by UNDP, UN Technology Bank, government institutions, financial and technology experts, and global experts.
- At the end of the program, you will receive impact investment if your idea or product is selected for implementation.
The program has some eligibility requirements that need to be met by all prospective applicants. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Teams from all around the world are encouraged to apply.
- You must have a solution that has the potential of supporting especially least developed country (LDC) populations.
- You can apply if you need funds to develop your Minimum-Viable-Product (MVP) or improve your already existing product.
- Application is open to those who have an innovative idea or product you want to launch or scale-up.
- Application is open to those who are ready to implement or test their solution with the support of local institutions and additional investment.
If you are ready to become part of the global SDG Impact Accelerator with your startup idea then you are required to submit your application before the stipulated deadline. You can apply via this link
The application deadline is January 22nd, 2021.
Visit the official webpage via this link for more information