Application is now open for the Schneider Go Green 2021 Global Student Competition, so you can now submit your bold idea. In collaboration with AVEVA, Schneider Go Green is looking for game changers all over the world who are bold enough to disrupt and put their skills to the test, and bold enough to push the boundaries of digital transformation in Energy Management.
About the Schneider Go Green 2021: Global Student Competition
At Schneider Electric, it is believed that Energy is a basic human right and as such, they are dedicated to furthering mankind through new and latest technologies. They see an urgent need for bold ideas that can reshape a smarter and more sustainable future for both their industry and their company as a major player in Energy Management and Industrial Automation.
CHECK OUT: Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) New Resumption Date for 2019/2020 Academic Session | CHECK NOW
The categories for this competition are listed below:
- Access to Energy: In an environmentally sustainable manner, enable universal access to energy.
- Homes of the Future: Can the home become smarter, more sustainable and can they incorporate new technologies.
- Plants of the future: Application of IoT, AI, Machine learning, and more to the industries both of the present or the future.
- Grids of the Future: Picture a future full of energy management and distribution.
- Decoding the future: Try imagining future approaches to design, engineering, and the construction of assets and infrastructures.
The awards to be given are:
- International winners will be given a trip to one of these cities; London (UK), Boston (USA), Paris (France), New Delhi (India), or Shanghai (China). The winners will also pay a visit to SE’s offices, and network with employees and also interact with high-level management.
- International Finalists: participants get a chance to pitch their idea in the Global Finals and win the worldwide challenge.
- Regional Finalists: participants will receive from Schneider Electric experts mentorship to enable them to polish their proposals and make it to the grand finale.
- Women in Energy Awards: one all-female team will develop to the finals and have an opportunity to compete for the top prize.
- All candidates who applied for the competition will be considered for an HR interview and will receive content about Schneider Electric’s benefits, early-career events, and job opportunities.
The criteria that qualify interested applicants to apply for the competition is given below:
- University students who are eighteen years (18) and above at the time of the submission of the initial application are eligible to submit their proposals.
- International students must be registered in a bachelor’s program of at least the 2nd year or a master’s program in business, engineering, marketing or innovation in order to be eligible for the competition.
- The competition is open to individual students exclusively in teams of two, of which one of the team members is a female.
- The team members must study in the same country for the time of the competition. The team members are not however required to study in the same university or study the same subjects. They are not even required to be in the same year, so long they are both not in the first year of their undergraduate degree program.
- The students applying for the contest are not required to be permanent residents of the country in which they are studying in order to compete. If an individual Entrant’s team is disqualified, the Entrant team will not be eligible to participate again.
- Permanent employees of Schneider Electric, customers, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective affiliates, directors, representatives, officers, contractors, consultants, and their immediate family members are not allowed to participate as they are not eligible.
Note that: Schneider Electric reserves every right to restrict or limit upon notice participation of any person in the contest who fails to comply with the rules and conditions stated above.
To apply for the contest, register on the platform, and chose a competition category. Then, submit a 10 slide proposal deck in English (PPT or PDF format) addressing the following issue:
- Problem Statement
- Key points of differentiation
- Operational availability, and
- Team profile
The deadline for application is February 15, 2021
To register for the contest, click this link
For more information, visit this link
CHECK OUT: University of Southern Indiana Global Leader Scholarships 2021 ($10,656 per Academic Year) | APPLY NOW