Application has been opened since the 26th of June 2020 for the Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020 and all eligible persons are welcomed to present their application for the fellowship. To know about the scholarship, its eligibility, and mode of the application you should read this post.
Table of Contents
About the Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020
One of the aims of the Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020 is to develop and promote exchange or important and crucial research skills in agriculture between Rothamsted research and low to middle-income countries scientists.
CHECK OUT: IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 for Early-career Researchers (Fully-funded) | APPLY NOW
The Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020 is sponsored by the Rothamsted international and it will support foreign scientists to train for 6 to 12 months at the Rothamsted research main site where they could work on a project together with senior scientists at Rothamsted to supervise the project.
To be eligible for the Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020 you must meet up to the following criteria listed below:
- All applicants must have a doctorate degree with a minimum of 2 years of Post-Doctoral experience. If you do not have any higher degrees, you must have an equivalent research experience to be considered for the fellowship.
- If your main objective to take participate in the fellowship is to acquire a higher degree your application will be rejected.
- Applicants must be a citizen or a resident of a low to a middle-income country.
- Applicants with extensive or continuous employment in a high-income country will not be considered for the fellowship.
- It is essential that all applicants go back to their home country to apply the knowledge and experience gained from the Fellowship.
All applications are to be submitted by the UK supervisor but they must be relevant to research in the applicant’s country. Therefore, it is important that applicants contact the UK supervisor to assist in developing the proposal. Proposals without enough contributions from the applicant or the supervisor are most likely to be unconsidered. Your application must also be approved by the head of the department where the fellow will hold.
Candidates will gain the following from the Rothamsted International Fellowship
- Supervision and training at the Rothamsted research.
- Funding for their project research-related costs.
- Access to top-notch research facilities and support of scientists.
- Accommodation and subsistence funds.
- Transportation funds between the home country and the UK.
How to Apply
To apply for the Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020, the following steps must be carried out
- You must have research in mind that will be directly relevant to the development of your country.
- Your research proposal must comply with the biological, agricultural, economical, computational sciences, and mathematical Rothamsted Science Strategy.
- You must then get a supervisor for your research at the Rothamsted research and get them to agree and co-develop your fellowship proposal.
- After step 3 is done, your supervisor will then request an application form and further guidance from the Rothamsted international. The application form is not available on any website.
- The fellowship proposal will be developed by both candidates and supervisors.
- Your supervisor will submit your fellowship application before the deadline.
After the above steps, your application will be reviewed by the panel, the panel’s decision and the outcome of your application will be communicated to your supervisor within two months of the application deadline. If your application is accepted, you and your supervisor will select a date to start your project.
28th of September 2020.
Follow this link for more details about the Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020.
CHECK OUT: Her Abilities Awards 2020 for Women with Disabilities (Honouring Women with Disabilities) | Nominate Now