Applications are invited from international candidates looking forward to applying for the Rhodes University African Water Resources Mobility Network AWaRMN Programme – MSc/MTech call 2021.
About the Rhodes University AWaRMN Programme – MSc/MTech call 2021
They are offering invites to qualified and outstanding candidates to partake in full-time study in any master of science/ Master of Technology (MSc/MTech) academic mobility scholarship program of AwaRMN in the higher institution in partnership with them.
Rhodes University, South Africa (RU)
- MSc Water Resource Science
- MSc Hydrology
Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMINNA)
- MTech Applied Hydrobiology
- MTech Hydrogeology
Makerere University, Uganda (MU)
University of Kinshasa, Congo (UNIKIN)
Applicants successful with the application would receive funding that would cover the following areas:
- Participation cost (e.g. Tuition/Registration fees)
- Cost of Research (e.g. fieldwork, laboratory consumables)
- Subsistence allowance: MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per month.
- Special would be offered to female students for mobility equal or more than 2 academic years, viz – MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per year.
- Economy class roundtrip flight ticket and cost of the visa
- Insurance (Health, travel, and accident)
- One-off settling-in allowance upon arrival to cover installation costs, viz-MSc/MTech: 600 Euro.
For a candidate to be eligible for the Rhodes University AWaRMN Programme – MSc/MTech call 2021, they are to meet the following eligibility criteria stated below:
- Must be a national of an African Union member state and resident in Africa during the period of application.
- Expected to meet both the institutional and partnership requirements for admission.
- Expected to not have benefited from any form of previous support from the Intra-Africa Mobility scheme, or Intra-ACP Mobility or Erasmus or Erasmus + programme.
- Should be ready to relocate from your home country to another where AWaRM has a partner institution. This also applies to candidates from foreign countries who reside in a country with AWaRMN institution. For such applicants, you are expected to have considered an application to a third country. For Example, you are a Ugandan, but resides in South Africa or have studied in south Africa or Makerere in Uganda. Scholarships are attached to mobility.
- The scholarship is attached to mobility, so you should not consider applying to an institution in the country you are a citizen or where you base, because you cannot.
- If the previous degree you hold is from a university that is not among the African Union member state, you do not qualify for the program.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to read through the following guidelines carefully and fill the application.
You are to add the following documents to your application:
- Certified copies of academic degrees and official transcripts. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, unofficial documents would be accepted detailing all your courses and grades/marks acquired, including your final grade point average or marks). However, if you get chosen, the official transcript, because without that, they would not be able to make a final offer to you.
- A CV of 2-page
- Words of motivation stating why the scholarship should be awarded to you (not more than 250 words)
- You are to provide a formal identity document that includes your passport, national identity card, driver license, or any other officially recognized form of identification stating your nationality.
- Two letters of reference (one academic and one non-academic). The academic referees must be able to attest to your academic standing. The letter of reference is to be submitted through the application system.
Click this link to apply for the Rhodes University AWaRMN Programme – MSc/MTech call 2021.
16th August 2020
For more information about the scholarship, follow this link.