This is to inform the general public that the online registration for PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge 2020 7th edition has commenced. Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and students who have been waiting for the opportunity can now begin the registration. If you are a chemistry guru, then you are encouraged to apply for this challenge.
About the PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge
The challenge is an initiative of PZ Cusson’s foundation and the intention behind organizing the challenge is to improve the learning culture of Chemistry in Nigerian Secondary Schools. The challenge is held annually and it commenced in 2013. Five editions which were open only to schools in Lagos State have successfully been completed.
The third edition which was held in 2015 was supported by Carex Handwash while Premier Cool Deo Soap and Nunu milk sponsored the 2018 edition.
The objectives of the competition are:
- To make PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge the number one platform for supporting the learning of chemistry in Nigerian secondary schools. This is the overall objective.
- That girl child education is promoted in Nigeria.
- New schools recruitment into the initiative.
- To deepen the awareness of brands and associations for premier.
The following prizes will be awarded to the winners of the competition:
- Student: ₦1,000,000
- Teacher: ₦250,000
- Student: ₦750,000
- Teacher: ₦150,000
- Student: ₦500,000
- Teacher: ₦100,000
Interested persons are expected to meet certain eligibility requirements and they are:
- Only SS 2 students in Nigerian schools are eligible to apply
- It is compulsory that the students are currently schooling within Nigeria
- Students are to receive sponsorship from their parents and/or Secondary School
- Private Secondary Schools, as well as Public Schools, can apply for the challenge
- Candidates are required to print out a computer-generated docket (with passport picture, name, school, passport, parent’s and principal’s name) after registration has been done for easy identification.
- It is required that all registered students undertake the online quiz which will form the basis for initial shortlisting.
The following group of people is the ones the competition is targeting:
- SS 2 Secondary School Student
- School principals and proprietor
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, then please note the following:
- You are not allowed to register more than once
- The submitted passport photograph should be well taken in your school uniform
- After registration, make sure to print out your biodata form and come along with it to the exam centre at the second stage
- You are expected to fill all fields of the form
- You are to use block letters throughout the application
- Any candidate who registers with false information will face disqualification
Register online via this link
Note: Candidates are required to print out a computer-generated docket (with passport picture, name, school, passport, parent’s and principal’s name) after registration has been done for easy identification.
To reprint your application, click this link
It should be noted that the registration would be done strictly online. To enable students to take the first phase of the online exam, a unique code/OTP/exam number and full log-in details would be displayed after registration.
- The only students who will make it to the ‘Activation Phase’ is the top 200 per state
- The activation phase will happen in three stages:
- The top 200 students from the online test will be required to sit across three CBT centres (Lagos, Abuja & Rivers)
- From each centre, the top 10 students would compete in a practical test in Lagos, Abuja, and Rivers
- From each centre, the top 2 students would compete for the PZCCC title in Lagos
PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge Competition Process
The challenge is divided into different stages and they are:
- Stage 1 (All Participants)
Interested students are to go online to register and generate a printout for identification. After registration is complete, candidates can immediately take their first stage exam. Candidates who are registered for the competition have up until registration closes to take the “Stage one test”
- Stage 2 (200 Participants)
200 top students will be selected after stage one test. The top selected 200 students from across the country will seat for 1st stage test across three different centres – Lagos, Abuja & Port Harcourt.
Abuja Centre: Abuja, Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, and Zamfara
Port Harcourt Centre: Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Imo, and Rivers
Lagos Centre: Ekiti, Kwara, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, and Oyo
- Stage 3 (10 Participants)
10 students from each centre will be selected to compete in the practical test which will be held in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
- Final Stage (6 Participants)
The top 6 students from the last stage will be selected (2 each from Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt) to compete for the grand prize of N1m.
The closing date will be announced later.