The Pulitzer Center is looking for a creative, knowledgeable, and energetic Outreach Assistant to fill the vacancy space and support them in organizing in-person and online events for the public and their campus partners. To this end, applications for the Outreach Assistant position at the Pulitzer Center are now open and are being accepted until the deadline date scheduled for 24th of July, 2020.
Table of Contents
Pulitzer Center Outreach Assistant Vacancy
The Pulitzer Center is in search of an applicant who shares their passion for raising awareness of important global issues. They consist of a team of over 20 highly committed, hardworking, and entrepreneurial individuals. They work with some of the most talented journalists, filmmakers and photographers around the globe. The events they organize bring them into conversation with students, educators, and the public on the broader issues explored in reporting which is faced by the society.
Responsibilities of the Pulitzer Center Outreach Assistant
The duties of the Pulitzer Center Outreach Assistant include the following:
- Organize in-person and online events for the public to highlight the work of Pulitzer Center journalists and partners.
- Establish community-facing programs in and around regions across the United States of America where the Pulitzer Center is building new partnerships.
- Provide assistance in the organization of online and in-person visitation by journalists and staff with their more than 35 campus partners.
- Write and post blogs related to Campus Consortium partnerships and other events
- Put efforts to increase diversity within the Pulitzer Center campus network by bolstering the partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and community colleges.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of promotional materials and resource videos for online and in-person events and visits in conjunction with the communications team.
- Take part in the planning and coordination of the Pulitzer Center’s Annual Conference. Conference themes have included gender, religion, conflict transformation and resolution, for 2020, justice (which evolved into an online summer series due to COVID-19). Provide database and audience list support for events and related outreach.
Furthermore, responsibilities rested on the outreach assistant is to provide help with events for Campus Consortium Reporting Fellows, as well as the Pulitzer Center’s Annual Reporting Fellows Washington Weekend and assist as needed with the maintenance of Reporting Fellows’ records in Salesforce.
- Salary associated with the Pulitzer Center Outreach Assistant vacancy is between the range of $35,000 to $45,000
- The benefits package includes: Above average paid time off, Health care coverage (including medical, dental and vision), Retirement plan, Child care benefits, Transit benefit, Parental leave, Life & ADD/LTD/STD Insurance
In order to take the Pulitzer Center Outreach Assistant vacancy position, certain eligibility criteria must be met by the candidate. These eligibility criteria or requirements include:
- The ideal candidate must be a strong writer who is able to work both independently and with others.
- The candidate should be someone who driven and creative enough to bring new ideas to the table.
It should be noted that Graphic design and multimedia skills is a strong advantage.
Applicants will need to create an account and password as this will also enable them to save their application and return to it at a later time. The application will require the following attachments and information:
- A personal statement of interest (up to 500 words)
- A current resume or Curriculum Vitae and
- Contact information for three references.
Additionally, applicants are to provide one to three samples of their writing, either as a PDF upload or as links. Note that the submitted written statement should link your passion, drive and experience to this opportunity and how you think that experience can help advance the mission of Pulitzer Center. Applicants ate advised to visit the official online platform of the Pulitzer Center at https://pulitzercenter.org/employment-opportunity-outreach-assistant for more information.