The PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) PhD Scholarship 2020 is geared towards the training of quality PhD students and post-doctoral researchers at the selected African universities which is mainly for the addressing of the human resources gap of highly qualified specialists in various fields which includes applied sciences, engineering and technology. The Regional Scholarship innovation and fund scholarship greatly support and strengthening the research and innovation ecosystem at the African Host Universities by ensuring a provision of funds through competitive grants.
About the PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) PhD
5Scholarship 2020 Program
The PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) PhD Scholarship 2020 is open to all candidates who have to fund interest in receiving an international quality PhD program, it is of high priority for all applicants to note that they can apply for a scholarship to conduct PhD research in PASET priority Thematic area at one of the African Host Universities.
The independent selection panels are going to review all application for the selection of candidates for the scholarship awards and once a scholarship is been awarded all successful candidates will be given instructions to register with their selected African Host Universities.
The stated duration for the programme of the PhD scholarship is 3-4 years with the inclusion of 6-24 months sandwich placement at an international partner University research institute or private company and the scholarship will be awarded by September 2020.
Eligibility Requirements for the Scholarship Programme
We would be listing the eligibility Requirements for the regional scholarship and innovation fund for you to be aware of. These eligibility requirements are the criteria to be met before applying, below are the Eligibility Requirements for the scholarship program;
- All applicants must possess a relevant Masters degree in one of the Fields of study
- The Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years before 30 April 2020
- All applicants must meet up to the specific admission requirements of the African Host University they are applying to
- All applicants must be willing to enrol for a full-time PhD program at an African Host University in the 2020/2021 academic year
- All applicants must be a citizen of a sub-Saharan Africa country
- All applicants must be willing to spend six months in sandwich training at an international partner University or a research institute and private company
- All applicants must demonstrate their research aims and goals and must be well aligned to the RSIF priority Thematic area and contribute to Africa development
These are the Eligibility Requirements for the regional Scholarship and innovation fund PhD scholarship.
Application Processes for the Scholarship Programme
All applications are to be done online through the online application platform, you are to click here to apply. All applications must not be submitted via email or in hardcopy because they will not be accepted. The deadline for the application is on the 15th of June 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Benefits of the RSIF PhD Scholarship Programme
The benefit of the regional scholarship and innovation fund scholarship are listed below;
- The scholarship programme will cover the University tuition and another related fee, which include cover expenses, travel, medical insurance and research costs
- All PhD scholar will be supported to spend 6-24 months on sandwich training at international partner University, research institute or private company
- RSIF PhD scholars will become part of the growing network of emerging leaders in the ASET field in SSA
- All scholar will have access to RSIF competitive research grant upon completion of their PhD
These are the benefit to be enjoyed in the regional Scholarship and innovation fund PhD scholarship for all candidates.