This informs the public about the Obama Foundation My Brother’s Keeper Alliance Freedom Summer 2023 Grant Program. Details about the Scholarship are given below.
About Obama Foundation Freedom Summer Grant 2023
Freedom Summer 2023 is an initiative of the Obama Foundation’s My Brother’s Keeper Alliance. The $1 million grant program aims to support local organizations that are working to reduce violence in Chicago communities this summer by creating and expanding spaces and programming where boys and young men of color can safely learn, play, and engage.
Freedom Summer is anchored to the MBK Alliance’s sixth milestone, that all youth should remain safe from violent crime. According to a report by the University of Chicago’s Crime Lab, violent crime in Chicago peaks during the hot summer months: There are about twice as many shootings on days over 85 degrees as there are on days under 50 degrees.
Freedom Summer aims to support local organizations as they endeavor to engage youth and contribute to a downturn in violence this summer.
Each Freedom Summer awardee will receive a $30,000 grant. The MBK Alliance knows the efforts of community organizations throughout the City of Chicago are often stifled due to limited financial resources.
Our hope is that our investment, coupled with the dedicated effort of those individuals hosting summer programs, serves as the seed from which our young boys will grow and evolve into passionate, driven, and successful men.
Eligible Freedom Summer applicants must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or a sponsored project of a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor with a valid sponsorship agreement in place.
Obama Foundation Freedom Summer Grant 2023 Application
To apply for the grant, eligible organizations must provide:
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status or partnership agreement
- A short narrative describing the proposed project that meets the mission of Freedom Summer
- An explanation of how the project will impact the lives of boys and young men of color and how the organization will measure success
- A signed letter of support (from CEO or Senior Executive) that details an overview of the programming that the funds will cover and describes any relationships or partnerships that will support the effort
- A simple budget indicating expected expenses
- Age group to be supported by the application
- The neighborhood or community the project will serve
For those interested in Obama Foundation Freedom Summer Grant 2023, open this link to start the application process.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 14 June 2023.
Open this link for more details about the Obama Foundation Freedom Summer Grant 2023.
- World Bank’s International Corruption Hunters Alliance Blog Contest
- BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition
- Union for International Cancer Control (UICC’s) Young Leaders Programme