The Nasarawa State University Keffi in short “NSUK” postgraduate admission form for 2019/2020 academic session is now available for sale. This application is for interested scholars who want to pursue full time or part-time postgraduate degree in Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
In this article, we shall be looking into the postgraduate programmes offered in NSUK, eligibility, application and other necessary information for applicants to apply easily.
This is to inform the public and prospective postgraduate programme admission aspirants that the Nasarawa State University (NSUK) management of the institution has reopened its institution postgraduate programme form application portal for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The portal for applying for the postgraduate form is expected to reopen on Tuesday, November 10th, 2020, and close Tuesday, December 8th, 2020.
Qualified and interested admission aspirants are therefore advised to use this opportunity to complete their registration.
About the NSUK Postgraduate Admission Form for 2019/2020 Academic Session
Before we talk about the NSUK postgraduate admission form for 2019/2020 academic session, it is important to know the different postgraduate programmes offered in the university, and we have taken time to pool these programmes below:
- D. Degree Programmes
These are available for scholars having M. A, M.Ed., M.Sc. and LL.M., degrees. Minimum CGPA for this programme is 4.00 or an equivalent of 60% score in their Master’s degree programme. The duration for the PhD programme is a period of 6 semesters minimum and 10 semesters maximum.
- Phil. / Ph.D. Degree Programmes
This programme is for candidates who score less than 60% in their master’s programme or 4.00 CGPA. The programme runs for a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters. Candidates can also convert to PhD programme, but they must not score less than 4.00 CGPA at the end of the first academic session.
- Master Degree Programmes
M.Sc., M.A., M.Ed. and LL.M. are the degrees available and they run for a period of 4 semesters(minimum) and 6 semesters(maximum) for full-time students while part-time students can take the programme for a minimum of 6 semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
These degrees are available for candidates with a Third class (honours) degree and Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit or an equivalent result. The programme runs for a duration of a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters for the full time while part-time runs for 4 semesters and 6 semesters minimum and maximum respectively.
- All certificates shall be tendered available at the point of purchasing the application form, including the NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application form online along with scanned copies of their credentials.
- All candidates must have at least 5 O’ Level Credit passes that must include English Language and Mathematics.
- Transcripts of Academic Records should be forwarded to the office of the Secretary School of Postgraduate Studies as the Postgraduate School will not be held accountable for any misdirected transcript.
- Applicants for the Master’s degree programmes who are alumni of NSUk and other recognized Universities must have a minimum of Second class Honors (Lower Division) Degree and must be applying for programmes which they already have a Bachelor’s Degree, candidates with higher degrees who want to seek admission outside courses in which they have a Bachelor’s degree can do so provided they satisfy all senate conditions.
- Applicants for the postgraduate programmes will be subjected to the qualifying exam (written assessment) irrespective of the degree acquired.
How to apply
- Application form cost #15,000 while Screening/Examination form cost #5,000 which all sums up to #20,000. Money can be paid via Remita in any of the following bank branches: UBA, Unity, Zenith, FCMB, First Bank, Diamond, Skye, Keystone, Ecobank, etc.
20th of October, 2020.