Are you interested in the NINJA Business Plan Competition 2020 in response to COVID-19? Well, if you are then prepared because applications are invited from interested applicants. The Ninja business plan competition is aimed at startups and organizations from 19 African countries.
About the NINJA Business Plan Competition 2020 in Response to COVID-19
This application is available to startups/organizations in all sectors with a specific focus on upcoming businesses in COVID-19-related fields including, but not limited to:
- Health: Online healthcare support; disease-testing solutions; medical data sharing and privacy protection solutions; distribution of drugs and medical equipment; IoT, including 3D printers, in the medical field.
- Disaster management: Geo-tracking during disasters; emergency information dissemination.
- Business services: Sustenance for inaccessible workers; efficient management/operation of online events.
- Education sector: Remote learning support.
- Food and agriculture: Efficient food/commodity distribution technology.
- Finance: Contactless transactions/payment; lending/insurance services to SMEs and individuals.
- Logistics: urban mobility management, delivery service.
- Other: Replacing goods that are imported with local innovative technology.
CHECK OUT: Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) | APPLY NOW
- Winners would be eligible for equity/debt-free sum of up to USD 30,000 by JICA for taking care of all the cost that is associated with the proposed activities which include the remuneration of staff, other expenses, and indirect local tax.
- The winners may also be offered the chance to travel to Japan for further investments and business partnerships sponsored by JICA.
- The winner from each country would be offered the opportunity to sign a contract with JICA for their innovation(s).
Eligibility of the Competition
In other, for you to be eligible for the NINJA Business Plan Competition 2020 in response to COVID-19, you are to meet the following eligibility criteria. They include:
- The competition is available to organizations with their head office or a branch in one of the targeted countries
- Available to profit/non-profit organizations registered as an independent legal entity. Proposals from an individual would not be placed for consideration
- Available to companies with a very strong management team of a minimum of 2 people
- For a business that has an innovative product(s) or service(s) as a reply or adaptable to the pandemic and post-pandemic society OR have a feasible business plan to create prototypes (MVP).
- Burkina Faso
- Côte d’Ivoire
- South Africa
- Uganda and
Criteria for Selection
- The proposal is expected to introduce some level of innovation in terms of business model, a new product or service that can be used more actively, and/or profitability in the current and post Covid-19 era.
- The proposal is expected to be as commercial as it can be
- JICA may create an evaluation board with outside evaluators experts based on strict confidentiality to evaluate proposals.
- Each country would have about 8 to 10 finalists of which only 5 winners will be chosen
- Winners from each country would be taking their place in the grand finale
How to Apply
When applying for the NINJA Business Plan Competition 2020 in response to COVID-19, each company is required to submit a business plan with the key performance indicators (KPIs) that can be acquired in the next 6 months. Click this link to apply for the competition.
July 29th, 2020.
Follow this link for more details about the NINJA Business Plan Competition 2020 in Response to COVID-19.
CHECK OUT: Microsoft Graduate Experience Program | APPLY NOW