The Nigerian Institute of Journalism in short “NIJ” ND, HND, PGD, and Special Programmes Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session has been released, and interested candidates can now purchase the form below.
Table of Contents
Things You Need to Know About Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) Before Getting their Admission Form
To enter or gain admission into the institution as a Jambite, you are expected to have passed your Waec result and excelled in Jamb. It’s just like gaining admission into every school, both your Waec and jamb are used in determining whether you are going to be admitted or not. The school has produced notable people and men of high standards in society, we would be making a list of the Nigeria Institute of journalism Notable alumni.
To study in the institution is not quite difficult all you need to do is to get the form or apply and also you should be aware that the Nigeria institute of journalism admission form 2020/2021 academic session is out for candidates who are interested in purchasing or securing admission in the institution. The institution is geared towards high academic and professional excellence in media practice and the vast development of the Media Industry.
Also, like other Graduates from any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, graduates from the National Institute of Journalism will also be mobilized for NYSC. After completing the HND Program, and you fall within the age range for NYSC and all requirements are met then you will be mobilized to serve in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
Nigeria Institute of Journalism Notable Alumni
They are some Nigerian Institute of Journalism notable alumni or graduates from the institution who have gotten a voice or high reputation in Nigeria. As said earlier we would be making a list of some of the Notable alumni of the Nigerian Institute of journalism, these people are quite popular in Nigeria and they are men of high standards and reputation. Below are some of the Nigerian Institute of journalism notable alumni;
Emmanuel N Onwubiko.
Joan Onyemaechi Mrakepor.
Sarah Reng Ochekpe.
These are some of the Nigeria Institute of journalism notable alumni who have become popular in Nigeria are some of the great alumni of the Nigeria Institute of journalism.
About the 2020/2021 NIJ ND, HND, PGD, and Special Programmes Admission Forms
The Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) is now inviting applications from all suitably qualified candidates for admission into National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), and Special programmes for the academic session of 2020/2021.
Candidates Eligible for the NIJ POST UTME – ND programme
- Candidates are expected to possess 5 O’level (WAEC/NECO) credits, including English and mathematics at a maximum of two sittings.
- All prospective candidates are expected to sit for and pass Last JAMB’s UTME with the general cut-off mark.
– Nigerian Institute of Journalism ND Programme – Mass Communication.
Candidate Eligible for NIJ HND Admission
- Interested candidates are expected to be in possession of a Diploma certificate from an institution that is recognized with a minimum of at least lower credit and 1-year Post-ND industrial attachment experience.
- Students are to meet all the requirements for entry-level (that is at least 5 credits in your O’level result in a maximum of two sittings).
– Nigerian Institute of Journalism HND Programme – Mass Communication.
Candidate Eligible for NIJ Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Admission
- Candidates are to be in possession of a good HND or university degree in any discipline
- Provide evidence of participation in NYSC or exception letter
– NIJ PGD programs – Postgraduate Diploma in Print, Broadcast Journalism, and Public Relations/Advertising.
Candidate Eligible for NIJ Special Programme
The school runs have been a specialized short-term course for professional practitioners and all the intending practitioners in areas that are specialized in mass communication, journalism, and allied areas. There are such programmes as photojournalism, news writing, and reporting, editing, radio, and television production amongst others.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to apply using this link.
This year’s application has been scheduled to close on the 15th of December 2020.