The Nigerian Navy university Admission has a lot of qualifications to be met by applicants. Once these qualifications are met then they proceed to write of tests. There are lots of available centres that are available to facilitate the easy conduct of the exam and test.
The Nigerian navy university is an institution for students who aspire to become naval officers in the nearest future. Naval officers are mostly concerned with the security of water. Unlike other tertiary institutions, Nigerian Navy university is different because here they undergo a series of training and tests before being qualified for admission.
SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS FOR NIGERIAN NAVY BASIC TRAINING SCHOOL BATCH 33 RECRUITMENT EXAMINATION
How to Get Admission into the Nigerian Navy-University this Year
The Nigerian navy university is one of the most sought universities in Nigeria, as the name implies this university is quite different from the normal federal university that everybody can apply for. Although they do admit students for regular courses the main aim is to prepare them as potent Naval officers.
You should be aware of the fact that to be enrolled or admitted into the Nigerian Navy university, you must have met all the necessary requirements and qualifications for you to be given admission into the university.
Just like every other university the requirements and qualifications are needed for you to meet before you can even think of applying, some people do ask whether it is compulsory for you to write the joint admission matriculation board examination before you can apply for admission into the Nigerian Navy university.
The answer is that it is very compulsory for you to pass through the process of writing jamb in other for you to be given admission.
There are other things that are also required of you which includes you having a minimum of five credits in your west Africa secondary school leaving certificate examination, these are some of the things which are needed for you to have put in place.
Apart from these you must be a Nigerian by birth and must be able to present your primary school leaving certificate alongside the documents required of you to present.
The naval officers are mostly concerned with the security over water which makes them different from the normal tertiary institutions in other words after the completion of the programme they automatically become qualified naval officers and they do not need to be looking for a job in labour market.
2022 Nigerian Navy-University Admission Requirements
In this article, we would be giving you detailed insight on the requirements and guidelines to get admission into the Nigerian Navy university.
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY INTO THE NIGERIAN NAVY FOR NNBTS BATCH 33
The NN Recruitment Process commences with advertisements in print and electronic media for the awareness of the general public. Applicants would then begin their application process by filling out online application forms. On completion of online registration by applicants, successful ones are invited for Recruitment Examinations.
Thereafter, those who emerge successful at the Recruitment Examinations are invited for interview before final shortlisting of qualified candidates.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
- Applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria by birth.
- Applicants for entry categories A5, B1, B2, B3, C1, D1, D4, D5, D6, D7, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1 and G require School Certificate and must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years by 30 June 2022. For entry categories requiring NCE, OND, Diploma, Registered Nurse/Midwife qualifications,
- such as categories A1, A2, A3, A4, C2, C3, D2, E5, F2, J, K and N as well as categories D3 (Sportsmen and Sportswomen) and H (Drivers/Mechanics), applicants must be between ages of 18 – 26 years by 30 June 2022. See the Educational Requirements for Entry into Each Category.
- Applicants must not be married or have children.
- Applicants must be free from any previous criminal conviction by a court of law.
- Applicants with any of the following medical/physical challenges are NOT to apply: sight problem, ear problem, communicable diseases, mental problems, stammering, or any physical disability. Applicants who have tattoos are also not to apply.
- Applicants must not be below the height of 1.69 meters for males and 1.650 meters for females.
- Applicants are required to possess any of the following educational/professional qualifications:
- a. West African Senior School Certificate Examination Certificate (not more than 2 sittings and not older than 6 years from the date of application, also applicable to sub paragraphs b – e).
- b. General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
- c. National Examination Council (NECO).
- d. National Business and Technical Examinations (NABTEB).
- e. WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guild.
- f. Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- g. Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
- h. Applicants would be required to produce their primary school leaving certificate at the selection interview.
- All applicants must indicate/provide their National Identification Number (NIN) and Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- Applicants with other educational/professional qualifications higher than those stated in paragraph 1 (a-g) are not to apply. Applicants are warned that it is an offence to present false or forged documents for the Recruitment.
- Certificates or qualifications not declared or tendered and accepted during the Recruitment exercise are not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of department or advancement while already in the Nigerian Navy.
- Only qualifications obtained under proper service provisions are acceptable while in the Nigerian Navy.
- Applicants are required to print out Applicant’s Declaration Form, Parent/Guardian Consent Form, Local Government AreaCertification Form, Police Certification Form, and Guarantors Form which must be properly completed, endorsed, and presented during the interview.
- Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents:
- a. Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
- b. Photocopies of Credentials.
- c. Duly completed Identification Form must be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the Applicant’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander and above (or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Air Force) or Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) and above who hails from the Applicant’s State of Origin.
- d. Duly completed Parent/Guardian Consent Form signed by Applicant’s Parent or Guardian.
- e. Four (4) passport photographs duly signed and stamped at the back by (c) above.
- f. Candidates are to bring the scratch cards of their WAEC, GCE, NECO and NABTEB results to the recruitment centres.
- Application Form is to be completed and submitted online.
- Any applicant suspected or confirmed to have impersonated, falsified, forged, or presented false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Recruitment exercise and handed over to the appropriate law enforcement agency for prosecution.
- The date for the Recruitment Examinations will be posted on the NN portal in due course.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO EACH CATEGORY
A 1 – Marine Engineer Artificer (MEA)
Minimum of OND Lower Credit in Marine or Mechanical Engineering and 5 credits at SSCE or equivalent including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
A2 – Weapon Electrical Artificers (WEA)
Minimum of OND Lower Credit in Electrical Electronic Engineering and 5 credits at SSCE or equivalent including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
A3 – Aircraft Engineering Artificers (Airframe Engine) Qualification
Diploma in Airframe and Engine certified/recognized by ICAO and 5 credits at SSCE or equivalent including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
A4 – Aircraft Engineering Artificers (Avionics & Aircraft Electrics, Electrical / Electronics) (AEA-AA/EEE)
Certificate/Diploma in Aircraft Electrics & Avionics recognized by ICAO and 5 credits at SSCE or equivalent including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
A5 – Shipwright Artificers (SHIPA)
Minimum of SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. OND in Mechanical/Electrical/Welding Engineering is also eligible.
B1 – Marine Engineer Mechanics (MEM)
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Also intermediate City & Guilds or Trade Test II could be considered. Technical bias will be an advantage.
B2 – Weapon Electrical Mechanics (WEM)
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Also intermediate City & Guilds or Trade Test II
could be considered. Technical bias will be an advantage.
B3 – Automobile Mechanics (AM)
Requirements as in B1.
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, and Physics.
C2 – Computer
Minimum of OND Lower Credit in Computer Studies/Computer Science, Desktop Publishing, Office Suite and must also possess SSCE or equivalent with 5 Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
C3 – ICT
Minimum of OND Lower Credit in Computer Studies/Computer Science. Computer literacy is compulsory and must possess SSCE or equivalent with 5 Credits including English Language, Mathematics and Physics.Proficiency or industrial certification in any of the under listedareas shall be an added advantage:
b. Computer-Aided Design.
c. Personal Computer Maintenance.
d. Networking Fundamentals.
e. Website Development and Management.
D1 – Seaman
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language and Mathematics.
D2 – Survey Recorders
Minimum of OND Lower Credit in Land Survey, Cartography, Geographic Information System and must also possess SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, Physics or Geography or Technical Drawing.
D3 – Sportsmen and Sportswomen
- Athletes should possess SSCE or equivalent with 4 credits including English Language and proven talents in sports as well as evidence of participation in National Sports Festival.
- Alternatively, candidates must have participated in any National Championship/All African Games/Olympic Games or Any International Competitions with License from the National Sports Federation/State Sports Association.
D4 – Physical Training Instructors
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language. Interest and proven talents in sports as well as evidence of participation in sports at Secondary School/State/YSFON level is required.
D5 – Chaplain Assistants
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language and Christian Religious Knowledge. Two years of experience as a clergy/church worker as well as a letter of recommendation from 2 Clerics/churches recognized by the NN is required.
D6 – Mosque Assistants
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including Arabic, Islamic Religious Knowledge, and English Language. Two years of experience as an Imam/Mosque attendant as well as letter of recommendation from 2 Islamic clerics/organizations recognized by the NN is required.
D7 – Firemen
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language.
E1 – Writers
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, Accounts/Economics. Computer skill is compulsory. Also OND/NCE in Accounts or Secretariat Administration would be added advantage.
E2 – Store Assistants
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics
and Economics. Computer skill is an added advantage.
E3 – Caterers
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language and Home Management/Food Nutrition. Certificate or any proven experience as a Waiter or Steward is an advantage.
E4 – Ordnance
Five credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other 2 subjects.
E5 – Project Technicians
Minimum of OND Lower Credit in relevant disciplines such as Architecture, Quantity Survey, Civil/Structure/Building Technology, Electrical/Mechanical installation, Urban and Rural Planning, Estate Management, Land Economy and must also possess SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics and Physics.
F1 – Medical Assistants
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Health Science, and Physics.
F2 – Health Technicians
The under listed Technicians are under F2:
a. Biomedical Engineering Technician.
b. Dental Surgery Assistant/Dental Health Technician.
c. Dispensing Optician Technician.
d. Environmental Health Technician.
e. Medical Imaging/X-Ray Technician.
f. Medical Laboratory Technician.
g. Medical Records Assistant/Health Information Management Technician.
h. Pharmacy Technician.
i. Physiotherapy Technician.
A minimum qualification of OND Lower Credit or Professional qualification in any of the relevant fields stated above plus SSCE/Equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Health Science, and Mathematics.
G – Bandsmen
SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language. Applicants must be proficient in playing one or more musical instruments.
H – Drivers/Mechanics
SSCE or Equivalent with 5 credits including English Language. Current Mechanic apprenticeship certificate and evidence of driving experience with a valid driver’s licence as well as a letter of recommendation [as a mechanic] from past or present employer is required.
J – Journalists
Minimum of OND Lower Credit in Mass Communication, Journalism, Photography, Printing Technology, Information Library, Public Relations, Graphic Arts, Film Making or Cinematography and must also possess SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language and Mathematics.
K – Nurses
Single qualification RN and double qualification in any relevant qualification such as RM, A&E, ENT, Psychiatric, Pediatric, Orthopedic/Trauma, Ophthalmic, Anesthetic, Public Health, Occupational Health, Nephrology/Dialysis and Theatre Nursing.
Applicants must possess SSCE or equivalent with 5 including English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, Physics, and Chemistry.
N – Education
NCE in Arts/Science/Technical subjects in addition to SSCE or equivalent with 5 Credits including English Language and Mathematics for Science/Technical subjects or 5 credits Including English Language and at least a pass in Mathematics for Arts subjects.
How to Apply for the 2022 Nigerian Navy-University Admission Form
This is the main reason why we are writing this article, as said earlier we would be providing you with the method and techniques of applying at the Nigerian Navy university, these methods would ensure that you do not encounter any issues while trying to apply. The methods and techniques are stated below for your usage and optimum benefits;
- Ensure that you have an active internet connection on your device
- Login to the website via this URL to register; https://recruitment.joinnigeriannavy.com/Account/Register
- After completing the registration process, download the recruitment form
- Fill out the form and send it back
- Then wait for a while to check back if you have been selected
- If you are been selected you would be called for further screening and interview
These are the simple processes you are required to be aware of to successfully apply at the Nigerian Navy university
Note: OPEN THIS LINK FOR MORE ENQUIRIES ON THE NIGERIAN NAVY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION