The Nigerian National Committee Annual UWC Scholarship 2021 is seeking application from candidates who are interested in applying for the annual scholarship award. This award is not just some regular award but an award for outstanding change-making students who look forward to making the world a better place for everyone.
This scholarship award is available to bright intelligent secondary school graduates in Nigeria who are looking forward to continuing their education abroad on an undergraduate scholarship. United World Scholarship (UWC) is an education movement with the aim of bringing students from all over the world together irrespective of their race, politics, religion and the ability to pay, with headquarters in London. The scholarship program is an international baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB) lasting for two years, the equivalent of A level, that is recognized by world-leading universities worldwide.
CHECK OUT: List of Oil Companies in Nigeria to Apply for Summer Internship / IT Programme and their Addresses
About the Nigerian National Committee Annual UWC Scholarship 2021
UWC is a non-profit organization with its international headquarters in London. The Nigerian National Committee was founded in the year 1982. Currently, Mr Hakeem Belo-Osagie (an alumnus of UWC) happens to be the committee’s chairman while Mr Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the national patron.
In other for you to be eligible for the Nigerian National Committee Annual UWC Scholarship 2021 you need to meet the following requirements:
- Candidates are expected to have demonstrated their outstanding academic ability and must be in possession of the senior school certificate SSC/GCE’O Levels or a result equivalent to that.
- Exceptional students in senior secondary school 3 are also eligible to apply as long as a 2 years continuous assessment.
- All candidate looking forward to the scholarship award must be between the age of 16 and 17 (must provide birth certificate)
- All candidates are expected to submit an essay and the principal’s recommendation with their application included.
How to Apply
– Application Fees and Payment: interested individuals are to pay an application fee of about NGN 10,000 (ten thousand nairas) which is payable on submission of the application. While any candidates from any public school nominated by the school may pay a reduced fee of NGN 1000 (one thousand Naira). The payment is to be made via a bank draft drawn on any Nigerian bank in favour of the Nigerian National Committee for the united world colleges (Call/WhatsApp 09058169893 for account details). You can also pay via Paystack Payment Gateway on their website ng.uwc.org.
– The application form can be downloaded on their website at https://www.ng.uwc.org/how-to-apply/download-application-form.
– The forms can also be purchased and/or submitted at the UWC purchasing and submitting centres in Abuja or Port Harcourt:
- Kevin Ihenetu (Abuja Purchasing Centre)
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
- Chioma Nwigwe (Port Harcourt Purchasing Center)
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
– Submission: All applications are to be submitted with the required documents and prescribed fees within the period of application:
- At any of the aforementioned centres, or
- Properly scanned and sent directly to our email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Through UWC website https://www.ng.uwc.org/how-to-apply/submit-application.
In the past, shortlisted candidates have been invited for a rigorous selection exercise sea school Apapa Lagos. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the national committee would take note of the situation carefully and determine the most appropriate way to conduct the selection exercise in December 2020 so as to safeguard the lives and health of the participants.
If you want more details about the scholarship and would like to set up an appointment with UWC, contact them via:
October 29, 2020 (4.00 PM).
Open this link for more info about the scholarship.