There have been various questions on how to get the NECO Syllabus for this year examination. This is because this syllabus would tend to guide students that are preparing for their examination. The NECO Syllabus for Foods and Nutrition is meant for students that are taking this subject in their examination.
Reasons are available for releasing this document and also students would need something that would tend to act as a guide to them. This content will tell you what you need to know about the NECO Syllabus. It would provide the steps on how to use this document and the reasons for it. It would also bring the NECO Syllabus for Foods and Nutrition.
Everything You Need to Know About the NECO Syllabus
NECO (National Examination Council) Syllabus contains topics that students would have to cover while preparing for their examination. This means it is meant to act as a guide to students that are preparing for the upcoming NECO examination.
Students would find objectives in each of the topics in this document that they would have to study with and also meet. The reason for this is because questions in the exams might come from them as they contain the key points.
Reasons for the NECO Syllabus
A lot of reasons are available for releasing the NECO Syllabus so students would have to note them. But the major one is to guide students that would be partaking in the NECO examination. Students would also gain a lot from this as they would be fully prepared for their papers.
How to Use the NECO Syllabus
Using the NECO Syllabus is very easy to carry out all you first need to do is to download the pdf for the nine subjects you would take in your exam. The next step is just to study the topics in them with detailed textbooks. Also, you would have to meet the objectives in them.
NECO Syllabus for Foods and Nutrition
The NECO Syllabus for Foods and Nutrition is to guide students that would be taking this subject in their examination. They would find topics in it that questions in the examination would come from. Also, like earlier there are objectives in each of the topics in the syllabus.
Note: The National Examination Council (NECO) did not release any syllabus for this year examination. But students can use the one of WAEC to prepare for their examination. The reason for this is because NECO and WAEC use Nigerian Secondary School Syllabus to set their question.
The general aim of the syllabus is for candidates to
- Acquire basic knowledge about foods and nutrition;
- Understand the relationship between nutrition and health;
- Identify career opportunities in foods and nutrition and acquire skills for further studies;
- Apply the general principles underlying meal planning, selection, preparation and serving of food to feed family and other consumers for different occasions;
- Understand the need for planning an efficient and safe kitchen;
- Choose, use, care and store kitchen equipment and tools effectively;
- Appreciate the importance of sanitation in the kitchen food preparation and service;
- Apply basic principles underlying food processing, storage and preservation;
- Acquire basic knowledge in consumer education;
- Acquire research skills and use the information to experiment, develop and improve local dishes;
Click this link to get the NECO Syllabus for Foods and Nutrition.