There are various topics under Computer Studies so students would need a syllabus that would act as a guide to them while preparing for their examination. Using the NECO Computer Studies Syllabus they would tend to cover topics that questions in this examination would come from.
It would be better to use detailed textbooks to read the topics in the syllabus as not all of them contains detailed information. This article will tell you what you need to know about Computer Studies. It would bring the steps on how to use it and also the NECO Syllabus for Computer Studies.
The NECO Syllabus for Computer Studies is for students that would be writing this subject in their SSCE & GCE exam.
Everything You Need to Know About the NECO Syllabus
NECO (National Examination Council) Syllabus is an official document that contains topics that questions in the examination would come from. Students are meant to prepare for their examination using this document as it would tend to help them.
Objectives are also in each of the topics that students would have to meet while studying the topics. These objectives are so important because they contain the essential key points in the topics.
Reasons for the NECO Syllabus
This document was released with the aim to guide students that are preparing for the NECO examination. This is because it contains topics that questions in the examination would come from. Students’ chances of making their papers will also increase a lot if they use the NECO syllabus to prepare.
How to Use the NECO Syllabus
It is very easy to use the NECO Syllabus as all you just need to do is download the pdf for the nine subjects that you would be taking in your examination. The next step is to study the topics in them with a detailed textbook and also meet the objectives in each of them.
If you want to be successful with Computer Studies in Your SSCE & GCE exams, You need to spend some quality time with this NECO Syllabus.
NECO 2023 Syllabus for Computer Studies
The NECO Syllabus for Computer Studies would adequately guide students that are preparing for this subject in their examination. It is very easy to use and students would find topics that questions in the examination would come from. It would be better that you meet the objectives in each of the topics as it would increase your understanding.
Note: The National Examination Council (NECO) did not release any official document for the examination. But candidates can use the one of WAEC to prepare. This is because WAEC and NECO use the Nigerian Secondary School Syllabus to set their question.
Objectives of the syllabus are to test candidates’ understanding, knowledge and acquisition of
- Basic concepts of computer and its operations;
- Manipulative, computational and problem-solving skills;
- Application of software packages;
- Operation of computer-related simple devices;
- On-line skills and their applications;
- Safe attitudes and good practices on effective use of computer;
- Potential for higher studies in Computer related areas.
Major thematic areas considered in the entire syllabus is
- COMPUTER fundamentals and evolution
- COMPUTER hardware
- COMPUTER Software
- BASIC Computer Operations
- COMPUTER Applications
- MANAGING Computer files
- DEVELOPING Problem-solving skills
- INFORMATION and Communication Technology
- Computer ethics and human issues
Click this link to get the NECO Syllabus for Computer Studies.
- Full List of Art Courses Offered in Lagos State University (LASU)
- How to Check Your NECO GCE November/December Result
- Full List of Colleges of Education in Nigeria and their Locations
- How to Search for Someone on Facebook by Phone Number