Various students would be taking Principles of Accounting in their upcoming examination so they would have to study with a guide. There has also been various research concerning the Most Expected Topics in JAMB Principles of Accounting. If you are among those asking this question then you should continue reading.
This subject is very broad and so students would have to study for their examination wisely. What this article will be bringing are the reasons why you need this guide. It would also provide the Most Expected Topics in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) Principles of Accounting.
Reasons Why You Need this Guide
There are various reasons for releasing the Most Expected Topics in JAMB Principles of Accounting but it is meant to act as a guide. This is because this subject is very broad and so students would need to know their area of concentration.
It is very important because questions in the upcoming examination would come from these topics. Students chances of making Principles of Accounting in their JAMB exam would also increase if they study with these topics.
Most Expected Topics in Principles of Accounting
The Most Expected Topics in JAMB Principles of Accounting is meant for students that would be taking this subject in their exam. It is meant to act as a guide to them and they would benefit a lot from using it. The list below contains the topics that you need
- NATURE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF ACCOUNTING
- PRINCIPLES OF DOUBLE ENTRY
- CASH BOOK
- BANK TRANSACTIONS AND RECONCILIATION STATEMENTS
- THE FINAL ACCOUNTS OF A SOLE TRADER
- STOCK VALUATION
- CONTROL ACCOUNTS AND SELF-BALANCING LEDGERS
- INCOMPLETE RECORDS AND SINGLE ENTRY
- MANUFACTURING ACCOUNTS
- ACCOUNTS OF NOT-FOR-PROFIT-MAKING ORGANIZATIONS
- DEPARTMENTAL ACCOUNTS
- BRANCH ACCOUNTS
- PARTNERSHIP ACCOUNTS
- INTRODUCTION TO COMPANY ACCOUNTS
- PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING
I would also be bringing the Recommended Textbooks that you can use to study these topics as it is necessary. This is because studying the topics with detailed textbooks would increase your understanding. The list below contains the textbooks
- Adeifa O. Ajileye, J. O and Oluwasanna, R. O (2001). Get your Financial Accounting Right. Book One: Oyo, Tenlad Press International.
- Ajileye, J. O. and Adetifa O. (2001). Get your Financial Accounting Right, Book Two: Lagos: De Hadey Printing Services
- Akinduko, A. O (2001). Basic Accounting: Akure: Spetins
- Anao, A. R (1993). An Introduction to Financial Accounting, Lagos: Longman
- Awoyemi, E. O. (1989). A guide to Government Accounting and Internal Audit, Ibadan: Onibonje Press
- Dodge, R. (2002). Foundation of Business Accounting, (Second Edition), Bershire: Chapman and Hall
- Ekwere, A. B. (1997). Contemporary Accounting, Abuja: Aflon Finance (Control and Management) Act 1959
- Frank, W. and Omuya, J. O. (1988). Bookkeeping and Accounting for Senior Secondary Schools, Vols. 1 & 2 London: Pitman
- Hassan M. M. (2001). Government Accounting, Lagos: Malthouse Press Limited
- Igben, R. O. (2004). Financial Accounting Made Simple (Vol. I) Lagos: Roi Publishers
- Longe, O. A. and Kazeem, R. A (2006). Essential Financial Accounting for Senior Secondary Schools: Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Millichamp, A. H. (1989). Foundation Accounting: An Introduction manual for Accounting Students, London: DP Publications
- Okwoli, A. A. (1995). Financial Accounting, Zaria: Tamaza Publishers
- Oshisami, K. (1997). Government Accounting and Financial Control: Ibadan: Spectrum
Click this link to get the JAMB Syllabus for JAMB Principles of Accounting as it might also help you.