Some students would take History in their upcoming JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) examination and this subject is very broad. With this, students would have to know note the topics that they have to cover while preparing for their exam. if you are looking for the Most Expected Topics in JAMB History then you are in the right place.
Studying with the expected topics is not just enough as you would need to make sure that you need adequate textbooks to study these topics. This content will bring the Most Expected Topics in JAMB History and also their recommended textbooks.
Reasons Why You Need this Guide
Students at times study for their exam without knowing their area of concentration and this is not good. This is because they would not know the topics that questions in the exam would come from.
These topics are meant to guide students that are preparing for this examination. This is because the topics in the exam would come from them. With this, they would stand a chance of making their papers with good grades.
Most Expected Topics in JAMB History
I will be providing the Most Expected Topics in JAMB History below so it is important that you note them down. Like said earlier, questions in the exam would come from topics in this syllabus. Check the list below to see the topics
- LAND AND PEOPLE OF NIGERIA
- EARLY CENTRES OF CIVILIZATION
- ORIGIN AND DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIAN STATES AND SOCIETIES
- ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES
- EXTERNAL INFLUENCE
- THE SOKOTO CALIPHATE
- EUROPEAN RELATIONS WITH NIGERIA
- THE BRITISH CONQUEST OF NIGERIA
- THE ESTABLISHMENT OF COLONIAL ADMINISTRATION UP TO 1914:
- THE AMALGAMATION OF 1914
- COLONIAL ADMINISTRATION AFTER THE AMALGAMATION
- THE COLONIAL ECONOMY
- SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT UNDER COLONIAL RULE
- NATIONALISM AND CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- THE POLITICS OF THE FIRST REPUBLIC AND MILITARY INTERVENTION
- THE CIVIL WAR
- THE GOWON REGIME
- MURTALA/OBASANJO REGIME
- THE SECOND REPUBLIC
- THE BUHARI REGIME
- THE BABANGIDA REGIME
- THE INTERIM NATIONAL GOVERNMENT (ING)
- THE ABACHA AND ABDULSALAMI REGIMES
- NIGERIA’S ROLE IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION, ECOMOG IN LIBERIA, SIERRA LEONE AND GUINEA.
- NIGERIA IN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION; AU, ECOWAS, UN, THE COMMONWEALTH OF NATIONS AND OPEC
- EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
- THEMES IN AFRICAN HISTORY SINCE THE SCRAMBLE
Also, you should check out some of the recommended textbooks that you can use to study these topics. This link contains the textbooks You need for the JAMB History CBT exam.
Click this link to get access to the JAMB Syllabus for history as you would get more information from it.