This informs the public about The Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship 2024 for Ph.D. students. Details about the Program are given below.
Table of Contents
About The Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship 2024
Microsoft Research is making changes to the PhD Fellowship program and will be pausing our call for proposals/nominations for the 2023 calendar year. We are exploring new avenues to invest in our academic partnerships and bring together students and researchers to collaborate, share knowledge, and pursue new research directions.
We look forward to announcing a new program in May 2023. We invite you to check back on this page or follow us on social media for more details as they are announced.
- Tuition and fees will be covered for two academic years (2023–24 and 2024–25).
- A $42,000 USD stipend will be provided to help with living expenses while in school for two academic years (2023-24 and 2024-25). The stipend is not expected to cover all living expenses; it can be used for expenses including, but not limited to, childcare, conference fees and travel, research equipment, meals, rent, etc.
- Opportunities will be provided to build relationships with research teams at Microsoft and receive mentorship.
- Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Fellows should support this mission and embrace opportunities to foster diverse and inclusive cultures within their communities.
- PhD students must be nominated by their university. Their nomination must be submitted by someone designated by the department chair’s office in order to ensure the number of nominations per department is not exceeded.
- Students must be enrolled at a university in Canada or the United States.
- Proposed research must be closely related to the general areas of research carried out by Microsoft Research lab members or those within an applied research group in other parts of Microsoft.
The Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship 2024 Application
To be considered for the award, you must be nominated by your department within your university. If you are nominated, you will be contacted to submit a proposal.
For those interested in Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023, open this link to start the application process.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 9 June 2023.
Open this link for more details about the The Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship 2024.