The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley is now open to applications from interested candidates. The University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) is happy to announce its partnership with The MasterCard Foundation in a collaborative, global network of educational institutions for the Scholars Programs in the shape of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley. The program aims to develop a cohort of entrepreneurial, ethical, energetic young leaders who will drive and lead socio-economic transformation in Africa. Since 2012, the Program has created 35,000 scholarships for youths and young people, mostly in Sub-Saharan Africa.
About the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley 2020
The MasterCard Scholars Program hosted by the University of California, Berkeley provides next-generation leaders who are committed to the social and economic transformation of their continent with access to quality education. Applicants for undergraduate and postgraduate studies are encouraged to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley 2020. It should be noted that the deadline date for the application of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley 2020 is on a rolling basis and will be determined as the program goes on.
CHECK OUT: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme 2020/2021 at United States International University (USIU) Africa | APPLY NOW
Benefits and Awards
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) is a Scholarship program to be taken at the United States of America (USA). The program is sponsored by MasterCard Foundation, the University of California for Undergraduates and Postgraduates. It offers a fully-funded scholarship which covers tuition fees and stipend. It should be noted that the eligible subjects are courses tenable at the university and the scholarship is open to African students.
To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of California 2020, certain eligibility criteria are required of the applicants, these are the following eligibility criteria or requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants who are refugees, stateless, or have other questions as regards to their citizenship may still be eligible.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials and must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they come from an economically disadvantaged background especially the extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their aspirations and dreams.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they will give back to their community, country, or continent. They should be able to elaborate in their application to UC Berkeley, and later on the Scholarship application.
- Applicants must express their desire and intention to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
Application for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) 2020:
Both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first apply for admission into the University of California, Berkeley through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship. Although the deadline date for application of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2020 is on a rolling basis, applicants are encouraged to apply for the scholarship before the application deadline.
Varies by program.
Applicants are advised to visit the official online platform via this link to apply and for more information.