This is to inform the general public about the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria in short “MAN” @ 50 Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions. Details about the Essay Competition are given below.
About the MAN @ 50 Essay Competition 2021
MAN is 50 years old. To mark MAN’s golden jubilee, a number of activities have been identified and approved by MAN council. One of such activities is MAN Essay Writing Competition with the topic “Promoting Industrialization in Nigeria” scheduled to take place from May 15, 2021, to June 15, 2021.
Essay Topic: Promoting Industrialization in Nigeria.
- 1st Price – N500,000 (one-month internship opportunity).
- 2nd Price – N300,000 (one-month internship opportunity).
- 3rd Price – N300,000.
- This competition is designed for currently registered undergraduate students in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions of any course of study.
- Candidates will be required to submit evidence of identification such as Student ID Cards, Evidence of registration in current session / semester and Attestation Letter from the HOD certifying the current status of the participating students.
- Candidates must have spent four semesters in their current tertiary institutions.
How to Apply
Interested students of tertiary institutions are expected to visit https://www.manufacturersnigeria.org/EssayCompetition and fill the form to register.
Rules and Guidelines of the Essay Competition
- All the essays will be received and collated into a google drive and coded
- The assessors will also be coded to ensure neutrality and confidentiality
1. Validation of Candidates identity:
- The competition is designed for current registered undergraduate students in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions of any course of study.
- The Candidates submit evidence of identification such as ID Cards/ Evidence of registration in the current session/semester and an Attestation Letter from the HOD certifying the current status of the participating students
- The candidates must have spent four semesters in their current tertiary institutions.
2. Procedures for the Written Submissions
- The Essay Competition consists of written submissions that are to be submitted through dedicated email addresses and delivered within the given timeline.
- Only one entry per candidate may be submitted.
- The written submissions have to be sent and delivered latest by 30th June 2021
- All submission will be subjected to a plagiarism test and only original essays with notmorethan25%levelofsimilarityindexwill be considered for the competition.
- Any serious violation of plagiarism at any stage of the competition will result in outright disqualification of the essay.
3. Length of Essay:
- The essay shall be no longer than 5000 words, footnotes included.
- There is no down limit, although papers shorter than 2500 words are not encouraged
4. Format Requirement:
- Typed on an A4 size electronic page;
- Font size and type should be 12 points and Times New Roman;
- 1.5 interlinear space; and
- Margins of 2.54 cm on the top, bottom and both sides
5. Cover of the written submissions:
- The title of the Essay should be at the top center of the cover page of the written submission. The Essay should include the name of the Candidate, Address, E-mail ID, Contact Number, Name of the Department/Faculty/University with the address
- The identity of the candidate must not appear on any other paper of the submission to ensure confidentiality
- List of References and List of Abbreviations should also be submitted along with the written submissions. The List of References shall include all cited texts throughout the Written Submission
- Candidates may use any recognized style of referencing system and this must be consistently used throughout the written submission.
- Copyright in all contributions accepted will belong to the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria
- The candidates will be made to sign a copyright transfer agreement when submitting the essay
7. Final Note:
- Essays incompatible with the above rules and conditions will not be considered. Participation in the competition implies acceptance of the above terms and conditions.