In Nigerian there are a lot of accredited federal polytechnics around the country, this list of polytechnics is run differently from private and state polytechnics. Polytechnics are tertiary institutions that are focused on technical studies and practical training for students that want to learn.
Polytechnics are educational tertiary institutions that teach the majority of technical studies and practical courses, polytechnics are advised for students that plan to become practical workers such as engineers, computer science, auto mechanics, and general all applied science, and natural sciences, etc.
Reasons to Attend a Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria
Attending an accredited institution in Nigeria is very important because by not attending an accredited institution the degree becomes invalid or useless, this degree would not be able to be used to do anything in the county starting from youth service to job finding. These are the main reasons why you should choose to attend from the list of accredited federal polytechnics in Nigeria
- By not attending an accredited institution in Nigeria individuals or students would have wasted their years in these institutions because their so-called degree or HND which means a higher national diploma would be useless or not acceptable in the country hence the reason to attend an accredited institution.
- Polytechnics are known to be more practical than a university that is why individuals that are interested can easily select from one of the numerous federal polytechnics near them if they are interested in gaining their education from a technical college which is a polytechnic.
Polytechnics are also recommended for individuals who choose to learn technical studies or who prefer to work with their hands because their curriculum allows for their students to be more practical than that of the university which teaches students more of theory than practicals.
How to Apply
In Nigeria before individuals are given the chance to apply to university or polytechnics they must first pass their secondary school certificate exam, then they write and pass the joint admission and matriculation exam they can apply the cut-off mark for the application to polytechnics are 100.
If an applicant gets above 100 in jamb they are allowed to apply to polytechnics although some polytechnics have their own cut off marks this is the general cut off mark.
List of Accredited Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria
This is the list of accredited federal polytechnics in Nigeria
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana-Afikpo, Ebonyi State.
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi Edo State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti.
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, Bauchi.
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa, Nassarawa.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede-Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure, Jigawa State.
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna.
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, B/Kebbi, Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos.
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali, Taraba State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe, Bayelsa State.
This is the List of Accredited Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria. applying for these polytechnics in Nigeria would get you the best polytechnic offers so far.