Leap Africa Youth Day of Service (YDoS) 2020 is inviting applications from interested applicants. The International Youth day is going to be celebrated with Leap Africa on a new initiative on the 12th of August. Are you aware that you can join lots of young people who are taking action to bring change to their community at the frontline?
The Leap Africa initiates the youth Day of Service and it is an annual youth-led social impact campaign with “sustainable development goals” (SDG). It is a youth ecosystem event and it is involved with other youth development organizations such as TEACH FOR NIGERIA, WAVE Academics, ENACTUS, JAN. this is personal leadership and youth in action.
About the Leap Africa Youth Day of Service (YDoS) 2020
The Youth Day of Service is a massive movement with the objective of empowering young people, strengthens communities as well as trigger collective activities that would help Africa in achieving SGDs with 2030 in view. On August 12, LEAP Africa will be inspiring the young people, social as well as the public sector organizations, corporate organizations, and SMEs to renew the spirit of active youth citizenship with emphasis laid on collective responsibility and culture of service and also to become advocates. This is to celebrate International Youth Day.
Different projects championed by young people in the communities across Nigeria will be showcased in the campaign. It is a week programme from August 12 to August 18, 2020. It is in commemoration of the International Youth Day. This is an opportunity that is being given to young people to convey them to action and to activate the agency of youths across Africa.
The theme for Youth Day of Service is “Youth4SDGs” and it will display various projects championed by young people in communities across Nigeria. The YDoS will begin on August 12, 2020, and end on August 18, 2020.
As a volunteer, you can wok on different community base projects that other people can join you in. some of these projects include
- Provision of welfare and safety kits to underserved communities.
- Educating women on sexual health.
- Paying tuition fees of students.
- Cleaning of a local environment.
- Painting school walls.
- Organizing a webinar to support SMEs
These and many more that will bring us one step closer to achieving Sustainable Development Goals.
Criteria for Eligibility
- It is open to all Nigerian youths.
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 to 35.
- Applicants do not need a prior volunteering experience to participate in the Youth Day of Service. All that is needed is a heart to serve and collaborate with other people.
- Those who want to apply must be passionate about the SDGs and be willing to give back to their communities and join an amazing network of youth African makers.
You are encouraged to apply and join the movement by simply championing a project or joining an already existing project on the 12th of August or within the week.
The deadline for the event is August 18, 2020.
For more details, visit the official website via this link.