The Lafarge Africa’s National Essay Competition 2020 is now open for application. LAP is organizing a national essay competition to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the nation Nigeria as well as the 60th anniversary of LAP in Nigeria. This is an amazing opportunity that should not be missed out on, so hurry now and apply.
About Lafarge Africa’s National Essay Competition 2020
“Building the Nigeria of my dreams” will be the theme of the essay competition. The theme is in line with the nation-building initiative of LAP which is to promote patriotism and corporate citizenship. The competition will take place in two categories; The Junior Category and the Intermediate Category.
The following will be befitted by winners of the national essay competition:
- The sum of N1,500,000, N1,000,000, and N750,000 respectively will be given to the first, second, and third overall winners for each category. The winners will also receive books, branded school accessories such as school bags, flasks, water bottles, and educational tablets that have been pre-loaded with educational content.
- A desktop computer system with complete accessories will also be given to the schools of the top winners for each category.
- The authors of two good essays from each category will also receive consolation prizes of N200,000 each. Books, branded school accessories such as school bags, water bottles and flasks will also be given to them.
Note: The cash prizes is for the educational benefits of the participants and they cannot be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. They shall be held in a trust fund for the winners and will strictly be utilized for the educational needs of the winners.
To participate in the competition, interested persons need to meet certain eligibility requirements. They are:
- The competition is open to pupils of public primary schools and they are to fall within the age range of 9 and 13 for the Junior Category of the competition.
- For the Intermediate Category of the competition, students of public junior secondary schools who are between the ages of 9 and 13 years can apply.
- Only one entry is to be submitted by each participant. Submission of multiple entries will lead to disqualification of participants.
- In accordance with the specified instructions, all essays are to be written in English, typed, and uploaded to the online portal.
- There should be a retainment of a copy of the entries submitted by participants as no entry will be returned. No feedback on any of the entries will be given, either during or after the essay competition.
To participate in the competition, it is expected that each participant completes the online forms with the required information. On January 26, 2021, the top 20 participants will be selected. A video presentation of their respective essays will be required from February 2-3, 2021. For each category, the top 20 selected participants will be required to provide the following:
- Birth certificate
- School accreditation
- Passport photograph
- First-term result for the 2019/2020 academic session for verification
Apply via this link
The deadline for applying is 31st December 2020.
Visit the official webpage for more information via this link