This is to inform the general public about the Kogi State University in short “KSU” Direct Entry Screening Form for 2021/2022 Session. Details about the form are given below.
The Institution’s Management of Kogi State University (KSU) has released its Direct Entry Screening Form for the 2021/2022 Academic Session. Interested candidates can now purchase the Direct Entry Screening Form. Expect the details about the form officially released below.
About the KSU 2021/2022 Direct Entry Form
The Kogi State University, KSU Post UTME screening application form, cut-off mark, eligibility, screening date, application cost and deadline for the 2021/2022 academic session have been announced.
The cut-off mark is at least 140, depending on the chosen course [see attached cut off mark /programme]. Application form cost is N2000 only. Candidates who have previously paid for the PUTME need not make other payment except to reprint their examination date.
Full details are presented below:
Candidates Eligibility for the Post UTME
- The screening exercise for admission of candidates will be administered only on candidates who applied to Kogi State University as institution of First Choice. Interested candidates from other institutions who meet KSU requirements may effect a change on JAMB CAPS selecting KSU as First choice.
- Only candidates who scored 140 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are qualified for the screening exercise. See the approved cut off marks for various courses for 2021-2022 session below.
- For admission, Candidates must possess the basic Five (5) O’ level credit passes in accordance with the University’s entry requirements.
- The subjects taken at the O’ level must be conventional subjects: Arts (History/Govt., CRS/IRK, English Language, Lit. in English), Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Further Mathematics) or Social Sciences (Economics/Commence, Geography)
- It is mandatory that Candidates upload their O’ level results, as no admission will be offered without uploading of O’ level on JAMB CAPS.
- However, candidates who are awaiting their O’ level results may apply but should so indicate. ONLY: results uploaded on JAMB CAPS will be used for admission processing.
Procedure for Online Application:
- Candidates who had not previously applied are advised to apply online at https://portal.ksu.edu.ng/and make payments with their ATM debit cards.
- Candidates should preview and confirm that all the information entered are correct before submission.
- Print out examination slip and bring along on your scheduled date. Previously scheduled candidates should reprint their new examination/screening date at no cost to them.
- All candidates must fill in relevant certificates (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB etc.) stating correct examination number & date on JAMB CAPS.
All Direct Entry candidates who applied to JAMB for admission and chose Kogi State University as institution of First Choice are also required to complete the online application form for their screening exercise, where such has not been done.
KSU Post UTME Screening Exercise Schedule:
- The Post-UTME screening exercise will take place from Monday 15th November to Tuesday 30th November 2021 for UTME/DE candidates.
- All candidates are requested to kindly note that their screening exercise date is as scheduled in the slip they will print out after online registration.
- Candidates for the screening exercise are required to strictly stick to these dates.
- Candidates are required to upload all relevant documents on CAPS as provided for by JAMB to allow the University access to these details. Admission will not be processed without uploading O/Level results on JAMB CAPS as required by JAMB.
- The Online registration for the screening exercise which commenced Thursday 28th September, 2021 will end on Saturday 13th November, 2021.
- It is mandatory for candidates to come to the examinations with protective nose mask as well as maintain social distancing in strict compliance with the approved COVID safety regulations. Other safety measures will be available at the examination venue in strict compliance with the approved COVID safety regulations.
Approved Cut Off Marks for Various Courses for 2021-2022 PUTME
|S/N||PROGRAMMES/ Total candidates||Approved cut off marks|
|2||Fisheries and Aquaculture||140|
|3||Food science and Technology||140|
|6||Arabic language & Literature||140|
|7||Christian religious knowledge||140|
|8||English Language & Literary studies||140|
|9||History and International studies||140|
|13||Education & biology||140|
|14||Education & Chemistry||140|
|15||Education & Mathematics||140|
|16||Education & Physics||140|
|17||Education & Christian religious knowledge||140|
|18||Education & Islamic studies||140|
|19||Education & English language||140|
|20||Education & Economics||140|
|21||Education & Geography||140|
|22||Education & Social studies||140|
|23||Human kinetics & Health education||140|
|24||Education Administration & Planning||140|
|25||Library and Information science||140|
|26||Islamic & Sharia law||160|
|29||Banking and Finance||140|
|32||Animal and Environmental Biology||140|
|41||Plant sciences & Biotechnology||140|
|44||Geography & Planning||140|