Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 is now open for application. Aimed at improving the mental health needs of the Nigerian population, the Asido Foundation is a not-for-profit charity organization seeking to counter the ignorance around mental health by providing evidence-based information and engaging in advocacy and intervention activities. The pioneer project manager of the Asido Foundation was Ms Jemila Abubakar.
About the Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021
In terms of commitment, creativity, passion, and a strong desire to help other human beings, Ms. Jemila Abubakar is an awesome treasure. She died after a brief illness in July 2020. Through the Annual Essay Competition for Undergraduates of all tertiary institutions in Nigeria, the Asido Foundation plans to keep her memory alive.
The competition is open to undergraduates in any Nigerian tertiary institutions. The theme of the essay competition this year is “Stigma, Mental health literacy, and the Nigerian Youth”. The theme of the competition will always be on a topical mental health issue.
The winners of the essay competition will get the following prizes:
- 1st Place: N60,000
- 2nd Place: N40,000
- 3rd Place: N25,000
The requirements to apply for the essay competition are:
- Undergraduate students of tertiary institutions only can apply
- The entries of applicants is to range from 750 to a maximum of 1500 words.
How to Apply
Prospective applicants who meet the eligibility requirements can apply via the underlisted steps:
- Applicant’s entry should be sent in word document format to email@example.com
- As evidence of studentship, kindly attach your passport photograph
- Applicant should show the certificate of having taken the unashamed2020 pledge
- Applicants should please include their name, school, course of study/level and their contact details in the email.
The deadline for submitting entries is 8th January 2021. There will be an announcement of winners on the 19th of January 2021 during the telegram interactive monthly community engagement. Kindly contact 08165826306 for sponsorship and other enquiries.
Visit Asido Foundation via this link