If You don’t know how to carry out the JAMB Change of Course and Institution process, then read this article to get the details You seek. Then we have good news for you. JAMB Change of Course & Institution and Data Correction Process has officially commenced, you can now go about changing the information you wish to change online.
Candidates apply for the JAMB Change of Course & Institution and Data Correction Process every year for one reason or another. The (JOINT ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD) JAMB has instructed candidates who wish to change their institution or course of choice to proceed to the board’s site and follow the given procedures.
CHECK NOW: What UTME Candidates Needs to Know About 2022 JAMB CBT Examination
Reasons Why People Apply for the JAMB Change Of Course and Institution
Other reasons could be mistakes during registration or even a change of mind about the institution or courses that the JAMB candidate has previously chosen. Know that 2022 JAMB change of course and institution is introduced to enable candidates who already know their scores and have verified the cut-off mark of their choice institutions.
Also to make the necessary changes in their choice of course and institution relative to their UTME score.
Take, for instance, If you scored 180 in the JAMB 2022 examination and you choose a competitive Institution like the University of Ilorin, UNILORIN, University of Benin, UNIBEN, then you have the privilege to apply for a less competitive one to increase your chances of admission.
Or if you chose a popular/competitive course like Surgery and Medicine, Accounting, etc. If you scored 199 and below, then you really need to apply for a change of course and/or institution.
Data Changes that You can Make on the JAMB portal
- Correction of Names
- Correction of passport photograph
- Correction of gender
- Correction of UTME subjects
- Correction of State or LGA
- Correction of profile
- Correction of the institution or course choice
Please note that correction for the above mentioned can be done only once except for the correction of the institution and course choice. This can be done more than once with separate payments.
CHECK NOW: JAMB and WAEC/O'Level Subject Combination for Production Engineering
Candidates Should be aware of the Following before Proceeding to Apply for the Correction Process;
Before applying for the 2022 JAMB Change Of Course And Institution, you will firstly need to go to any bank to purchase the change of course and also the following has to be in place.
- Be very sure of the course or institution that you would like to make changes to. Confirm if the course is available in the school using the JAMB Brochure.
- Make sure that the school you are changing to does not usually have a cut-off mark that is higher than your score.
- Be sure to select a Course or Institution that is in line with the subject combination you used for JAMB to avoid being screened out during your School’s admission Screening exercise.
The process costs N2,500 and it can only be processed online. Candidates who desire to effect changes on their course, institution, or bio-data can do so at the closest JMB CBT accredited centre.
How to Apply for 2022 Jamb Change of Institution or Course
The process for carrying out the JAMB Change of Course; Institution and Data Correction are as follows:
- Log on to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Log in with your email address and password.
- Access the internet and log into your JAMB profile.
- On your JAMB profile, open the menu tab.
- Click on Register.
- A drop box will appear under Register showing UTME correction of data.
- Click on it and follow the steps given to pay either online or in the bank. Payments can be made online through the JAMB portal.
- You can pay to the bank if you have difficulties paying online.
- After you have paid N2,5oo at the bank and an additional amount of N100 for bank charges, go to the closest JAMB office or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process. There will be an additional monetary charge for the service.
CHECK NOW: What is the Best Engineering Course to Study in Nigeria
Candidates that Wishes to Carry out these Changes Should Note the Following:
- You can change one or all your institution/courses of choice at the same time.
- Once you have submitted the form, you can no longer make any changes again except for the change of course and institution that can be done twice.
- There may be only a limited number of schools or courses available that can be changed to. Any advice is that you should have more than 3 options should in case the one you intend to change to is no longer available.
- The one-time payment can be used to change your Institution, course, Name, Date of birth, State, and Local Government of origin. The amount for the process is N2,500.
The closing date for the JAMB Change of Course & Institution and Data Correction Process has not been announced by JAMB.
CHECK NOW: 2022 JAMB Direct Entry Change of Course and Institution Has Started