Some students courses are changed and sometimes denied admission because of the combination of wrong subjects. Two courses subject combinations might not be the same as they may not be in the same field. The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Technical Education are meant for students that want to study this course.
The combination of wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC can be very risky as this is among the admission requirements that universities need. This page will tell you what you need to know about Technical Education, bring the universities offering this course and provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Technical Education
Technical Education is a course that will take students about four years at the university and this is possible if there are no carryovers. It is a very competitive course and students might find the entrance difficult. Technical Education is a science course and is only suitable for this set of students.
This course is under the faculty of Education according to JAMB. Job opportunities available for one who studied this course are much but competitive. So, students are advised to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Technical Education
What are the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Technical Education? Students that are looking for this will get it below. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects. You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Technical Education in WAEC
- English Language
- Any three science subjects
In JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and English Language is compulsory. This examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Technical Education should include
- English Language
List of Universities Offering Technical Education in Nigeria
Universities Offering Technical Education in Nigeria is also important for students that want to study this course. They should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information. Below are the school that offers this course in the country
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE – TASUED
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark Technical Education is 150. But some federal and state university cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Applicants should also pass the university Post-UTME.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Education and Integrated Science
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Glass Technology
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Environmental Health Science