A lot of courses are currently available at the university and each of them subject combination might not be the same. You should note that the JAMB and WAEC subject combination is among the admission requirements that universities need. You will get the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics in this post.
Several reasons are available why students are denied admission and one of them is because of the combination of wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC. This article will tell you what you need to know about Surveying and Geoinformatics. It will also bring the universities offering this course in the country.
What You Need to Know About Surveying and Geoinformatics
Surveying and Geoinformatics is a course that involves the provision of data for the spatial location of the Earth’s features. It is a course that will take students about four years at the university if there are no carryovers. It is not a very competitive course and students might not find the entrance difficult. Surveying and Geoinformatics is also a science course and it is only suitable for this set of students.
Job availability for one who studied Surveying and Geoinformatics is much but they are also very competitive. With this, you will need to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job since they are competitive.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics
The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics are what you will get below and it will come from science class. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects. You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’level exam. Below is the Subject Combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics
- English Language
- Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics
In JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), you need only four subjects. This examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university and English Language is compulsory. The JAMB Subject Combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics should include
- English Language
- Any one of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics
List of Universities Offering Surveying and Geoinformatics in Nigeria
Below, you will also get the Universities Offering Surveying and Geoinformatics in Nigeria
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Surveying and Geoinformatics is 160. But some State universities and federal universities cut-off marks are 180 and 200. Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Applicants should also pass the university Post-UTME.