The subject combination for all the courses varies and Surveying and Geo-informatics is another science course. Students are always doing research on the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Surveying and Geo-informatics. This is so because they would like to avoid the combination of wrong subjects in their examination.
Knowing the subject combination in JAMB and WAEC is important in order to avoid difficulties in gaining admission into any Nigerian universities. This page will cover the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Surveying and Geo-informatics, tell you what you need to know about the course and provide the list of universities offering Surveying and Geo-informatics.
What You Need to Know About Surveying and Geo-informatics
Surveying and Geo-informatics is not a very competitive course in Nigeria and so entrance would not be that difficult for students. It would take four years to study the course in any Nigerian universities if there are no carryovers. Surveying and Geo-informatics is a science course that deals with the management, acquisition, application and analysis of spatially referenced data.
The course is a science course and it is not possible for art students to study Surveying and Geo-informatics. The job availability for this course is very high and one with a degree in this course can work in the different economic sector in Nigeria.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Surveying and Geo-informatics
The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Surveying and Geo-informatics will fall under science subjects, English language and Mathematics are compulsory subjects for the course. Five credited are needed in WAEC (West African Examination Council). Below is the subject combination for the course in WAEC
- English Language
- Biology or Geography or any of Carpentry, Introduction to Building Construction, Decorative Painting and Basic Electricity.
These are the subjects in WAEC while that of JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) four subjects are required. English Language is a compulsory subject in JAMB and below is the subject combination in JAMB for Surveying and Geo-informatics
- English Language
- Geography or Chemistry or Economics or Biology
List of Universities Offering Surveying and Geo-informatics in Nigeria
There are up to 20 universities that offer Surveying and Geo-informatics in Nigeria with different admission requirement. Below is the list of universities offering Surveying and Geo-informatics in the country
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cot-off mark for Surveying and Geo-informatics is 160. Five credits are required in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council). The subjects in WAEC and JAMB must contain the right subject combination. Candidates are to score above 200 in JAMB and pass universities Post-UTME cut off mark for a better chance of admission.