All courses have their subject combinations, which are important as they are among the admission requirements students need. The subject combinations of the two methods might not be the same as they may not be in the same field. You are in the right place if you are looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Physics.
You must note that combining the wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC can lead to a change of course or denial of admission. This page will tell you about the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Physics.
WAEC Subject Combination for Physics
In WAEC (West African Examination Council), students need at least five credits. Subjects in WAEC can be used in NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level Examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Physics in WAEC
- English Language
- Further Mathematics, Agricultural Science. Biology or any other Science Subject
JAMB Subject Combination for Physics
These are the subjects You would need in WAEC, but in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), you need only four issues. This exam is responsible for students’ admission into the University, and the English Language is compulsory. Below is the Subject Combination for Physics in JAMB
- English Language
- Chemistry or Biology
Direct Entry Requirements
Below are the general JAMB requirements for direct entry for this course.
- NCE/Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Mathematics or Chemistry.
However, some Universities have specific requirements and subject combinations for physics. These universities are;
- MAIDUGURI, BSU and UYO accept NCE merit with a Physics major.
- UNN accepts NCE Physics or ND or HND in Physics or Engineering, two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Mathematics, plus the UTME requirements.
- FUTA GCE (‘A’ Level) or it’s equivalent with not less than a C grade in Physics and at least one subject selected from the following: Mathematics and Chemistry
- KUST accept NCE credit, ND/HND lower credit, plus ‘O’ Level credit passes in Physics, Mathematics and two (2) other Science subjects. BAYERO accepts one (1) other Science subject. BSU accepts HND upper credit only.
As we said earlier, students should use the above subject combinations for WAEC, JAMB, and Direct Entry correctly to avoid being disqualified from the admission process. Students should also check the subject combination based on the universities of their choice because some universities have different subject combinations.
You can visit the jamb brochure below to confirm the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Physics based on the university of your choice.
Also, Check out;