One of the reasons why students courses are changed and sometimes they find it difficult to gain admission is the combination of wrong subjects. Two courses subject combinations might not be the same as they may not be in the same field. The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Physical and Health Education are meant for students that want to study this course.
The combination of wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC can be very risky as this is among the admission requirements that universities need. This page will tell you what you need to know about Physical and Health Education, bring the universities offering this course and provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Physical and Health Education
Physical and Health Education is a course that will take students about four years at the university if there are no carryovers. It is a very competitive course and with this, students might find the entrance difficult. Physical and Health Education is also a science course and with this, it is only suitable for this set of students.
Job opportunities available for one who studied Physical and Health Education are much but also very competitive. It will be better to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job. Below are some of the available careers for one who studied this course
- Athletics Coach
- Health Teacher
- Physical Education Teacher
- Athletic Administration
- Gym Teacher
- Fitness Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructor
One who studied Physical and Health Education can choose to work in any education sector or be self-employed.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Physical and Health Education
Students that are looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Physical and Health Education will get it below. This is necessary for those that want to study this course at the university. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects. You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Physical and Health Education in WAEC
- English Language
- Any three relevant subjects
In JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and English Language is compulsory. This examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Physical and Health Education should include
- English Language
- Any two relevant subjects
List of universities Offering Physical and Health Education in Nigeria
Universities Offering Physical and Health Education in Nigeria is also important for students that want to study this course. They should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information. Below are the school that offers this course in the country
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Physical and Health Education is 160. But some federal and state universities cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Applicants should also pass the university Post-UTME.