Engineers are treated with respect in the country, and several branches of engineering exist. The subject combination in JAMB and WAEC for Metallurgical and Material Engineering might be the same for mechanical engineers. Students who would also like to study Metallurgical and Materials engineering are expected to be science students, as it is a science, and no art student can learn the course in Nigeria.
The combination of the wrong subject in JAMB and WAEC for the various courses has been proven to be one of the reasons why students sometimes find it challenging to gain admission into the university. Metallurgy and Material Engineering is a science course, so candidates should fill in science subjects in JAMB and WAEC.
The subject combination for Metallurgy and Material Engineering in JAMB and WAEC will be in this content, and the needed details will be in this content.
What You Need to Know About Metallurgical and Material Engineering
Metallurgical and materials engineering is the engineering aspect that deals with producing materials, instruments and machines that tend to run society. They help create equipment to run modern life, making life easier for the people in the community. Several job opportunities are available for one with a degree in this course. Some of the Job opportunities include
- A Metallurgical and Material Engineering graduate can work in several construction companies in the country.
- They can also be self-employed.
- Tech companies in Nigeria also use one with a degree in this course
- They can also work in various factories
These are some job opportunities available for one with a degree in metallurgical and Material Engineering; there is room for part-time work in the course, depending on the field.
Subject Combination for Metallurgical and Material Engineering
The subject combination for Metallurgical and Materials Engineering in JAMB and WAEC will be given here, so take note of the details provided. However, in WAEC, the student is expected to have at least five credits, including Mathematics and English language.
WAEC Subject Combination for Metallurgical and Material Engineering
Below is the subject combination for Metallurgical and Material Engineering in WAEC:
- English Language
- Biology or any other science subject
JAMB Subject Combination for Metallurgical and Material Engineering
The student is expected to have five credits in any of the given issues above, while that of JAMB includes
- English Language
Universities Offering Metallurgical and Material Engineering
Several universities in the country offer Metallurgical and Material Engineering in Nigeria, but the admission requirements for the course in the various universities vary. Below is the list of Universities offering Metallurgical and Material Engineering in Nigeria
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE
The cut-off mark for metallurgical and material engineering in JAMB is 180, and the candidate should have up to five credits in WAEC. Still, for a better chance of admission, the candidate should score up to 200 and above in JAMB, and the candidate should reach the school cut-off mark for the course.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Mass Communication
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Electrical and Information Engineering
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Human Kinetics and Health Education