Engineers are treated with respect in the country and also there are several branches under engineering in the country. The subject combination in JAMB and WAEC for Metallurgical and Material Engineering might be the same for mechanical engineers. Students who would also like to study Metallurgical and Materials engineering are expected to be science students, as it is a science and no art student can study the course in Nigeria.
The combination of the wrong subject in JAMB and WAEC for the various course has been proven to be one of the reasons why students at times find it difficult in gaining admission into the university. Metallurgy and Material Engineering is a science course, so candidates should fill in science subject in JAMB and WAEC.
The subject combination for Metallurgy and Material Engineering in JAMB and WAEC will be in this content and also the needed details will also be in this content.
What You Need to Know About Metallurgical and Material Engineering
Metallurgical and materials engineering is the aspect of engineering that deals with the production of material, instrument and also machines that tend to run the society. They help produce equipment’s run modern life, making life easier for the people in the society. There are several job opportunities available for one with a degree in this course. Some of the Job opportunities include
- Graduate with a degree in Metallurgical and Material Engineering can work in several constructions companies in the country
- They can also be self employed
- Tech companies in Nigeria also employ one with a degree in this course
- They can also work in various factories
These are some of the job opportunities available for one with a degree in metallurgical and Material Engineering, there is room for part time work in the course depending on the field.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Metallurgical and Material Engineering
The subject combination for Metallurgical and Materials Engineering in JAMB and WAEC will be given here, so take note of the details given. But in WAEC the student is expected to have at least five credits including Mathematics and English language. Below is the subject combination for Metallurgical and Material Engineering in WAEC
- English Language
- Biology or any other science subject
The student is expected to have five credits in any of the given subjects above, while that of JAMB includes
- English Language
Universities Offering Metallurgical and Material Engineering
Several universities in the country offer Metallurgical and Material Engineering in Nigeria, but the admission requirement for the course in the various universities vary. Below is the list of Universities offering Metallurgical and Material Engineering in Nigeria
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE
The cut-off mark for metallurgical and material engineering in JAMB is 180 and the candidate should have up to five credits in WAEC but for a better chance of admission the candidate should score up to 200 and above in JAMB, also the candidate should reach the school cut off mark for the course.