One of the reasons why students courses are changed and sometimes they find it difficult to gain admission is the combination of wrong subjects. Two courses subject combinations might not be the same as they may not be in the same field. The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Land Surveying are meant for students that want to study this course.
The combination of wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC can be very risky as this is among the admission requirements that universities need. This page will tell you what you need to know about Land Surveying, bring the universities offering this course and provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Land Surveying
Land Surveying is a course that will take students about four years at the university if there are no carryovers. It is a very competitive course and with this, students might find the entrance difficult. Land Surveying is also a science course and with this, it is only suitable for this set of students.
Job opportunities available for one who study Land Surveying are much but also very competitive. It will be better to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job. Below are some of the available careers for one who studied this course
- Boundary or Land Surveyor
- Boundary Surveyor
- City Surveyor
- Construction Surveyor
- County Surveyor
- Engineering or Construction Surveyor
- Engineering Surveyors
- Forensic surveyor
- Mapping Technician
- Geodetic Surveyor
- Marine Surveyor
- Hydrographic surveyor
- Surveying technician
One who studied Land Surveying can also choose to be self-employed or work in any educational sector.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Land Surveying
Students that are looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination Land Surveying will get it below. This is important for students that want to study this course In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects. You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Land Surveying in WAEC
- English Language
- Any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Tech. Draw, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Concreting, Wall, Carpentry, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign & Design, Bricklaying/Block laying, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching & Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity
In JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and English Language is compulsory. This examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Land Surveying should include
- English Language
- Any of Geography, Art, Biology, Economics and Chemistry
List of Universities Offering Land Surveying in Nigeria
Universities Offering Land Surveying Studies in Nigeria is also important for students that want to study this course. They should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information. Below are the school that offers this course in the country
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Land Surveying is 160. But some state and federal universities cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Applicants should also pass the university Post-UTME.