Students often combine the wrong subjects in O’Level examinations and JAMB, which can be dangerous. To avoid confusion, students interested in this course should know the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Home Economics and Education. This is because failure to combine subjects properly in this examination could lead to denial of admission.
The course Home Economics and Education is also offered in a lot of universities, so students should also note the list of universities offering the course. This page will tell you what you need to know about Home Economics and Education. It will bring the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Home Economics and Education and the universities offering the course.
What You Need to Know About Home Economics and Education
Home Economics and Education is a competitive course offered at Nigerian universities that typically takes four years to study if there are no carryovers. Home Economics is usually a subject that is mainly concerned with nutrition, health, housekeeping and a lot more. But Home Economics and Education deal with the educational aspect of the course.
The course is an exciting and sweet course to study, and it is offered across the globe. Students who are to study this course must have a love for nutrition. There are a lot of job opportunities available for one who studied Home Economics and Education. Below are some of the careers for one who looks this course
- Adult Educator
- Interior Decorator
- Laundry Specialist
- Lecturers or Secondary school teachers
- Food Steward
Subject Combination for Home Economics and Education
The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Home Economics and Education is very important for one who wants to study the course.
WAEC Subject Combination for Home Economics and Education
In WAEC (West African Examination Council), the least credit number needed is five. Subjects in WAEC can also be applied to NECO (National Examination Council). Below are the subjects needed for Home Economics and Education in WAEC
- English Language
- Home Economics and any other subjects
JAMB Subject Combination for Home Economics and Education
These are the subject combinations for Home Economics and Education in WAEC, but in JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculatiostudents’, four subjects were submitted. The JAMB examination determines students’ admission to the university. English Language is also a compulsory subject of JAMB. Below is the Subject Combination for Home Economics and Education in JAMB
- English Language
- Any other subjects
List of Universities Offering Home Economics and Education in Nigeria
Since Home Economics and Education are essential, many higher institutions in Nigeria offer the system. But each of them has iofferission requirements. Below is the list of universities that provide the system in the country
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE
Five credits are needed in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (ional Examinacut-official). The JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Home Economics and Education is 160. Students are expected to pass the university post-UTME cut-off pattern.