One of the reasons why students courses are changed and sometimes they find it difficult to gain admission is the combination of wrong subjects. Two courses subject combinations might not be the same as they may not be in the same field. The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Hausa are meant for students that want to study this course.
The combination of wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC can be very risky as this is among the admission requirements that universities need. This page will tell you what you need to know about Hausa, bring the universities offering this course and provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Hausa
Hausa is a course that will take students about four years at the university if there are no carryovers. It is not a very competitive course and with this, students might not find the entrance difficult. Hausa is an art course and with this, it is only suitable for this set of students.
It is under the faculty of art according to JAMB. Job opportunities available for one who studied Hausa are much but also very competitive. With this, it will be better to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job. But one who studied this course can choose to be self-employed or work in any educational sector.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Hausa
Students that are looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination Hausa will get it below. This is important for students that want to study this course In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects. You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Hausa in WAEC
- English Language
- Any art subjects
In JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and English Language is compulsory. This examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Hausa should include
- English Language
- Any two art subjects
List of Universities Offering Hausa in Nigeria
Universities Offering Hausa in Nigeria is also important for students that want to study this course. They should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information. Below are the school that offers this course in the country
- BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE – BASU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- SOKOTO STATE UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – SOSU
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE – FED-GUSAU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE – FED-KASHERE
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – AL-QALAM
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – MAITAMA
- SULE LAMIDO UNIVERSITY, KAFIN HAUSA, JIGAWA STATE – SLUK
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Hausa is 160. But some state and federal universities cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Applicants should also pass the university Post-UTME.