Some students’ courses are changed, and sometimes denied admission because of the combination of wrong subjects. Two course subject combinations might not be the same as they may not be in the same field. The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture are meant for students who want to study this course. The combination of wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC can be hazardous as this is among the admission requirements that universities need. This page will tell you what you need to know about Fisheries and Aquaculture, bring the universities offering this course and provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Fisheries and Aquaculture
Fisheries and Aquaculture is a course that involves the harvesting and breeding water animals and plants for commercial purposes. If there are no carryovers, it will take students about four years to study this course at the university. It is not a competitive course, and students might not find the entrance difficult. Fisheries and Aquaculture is a science course only suitable for this set of students.
This course is under the faculty of science, according to JAMB. Job opportunities for one who studied Fisheries and Aquaculture are much but very competitive. Graduating with an excellent degree will make it easier to secure a job. Below are some of the available careers for one who studied this course
- Fisheries Biologist.
- Fisheries Extension Officer (AEO)
- Fisheries Officer.
- Fishery Manager.
- Fishery technician.
- Fishery Observer.
- Assistant Fisheries Development Officer (AFDO)
- District Fisheries Development Officer (DFDO)
Subject Combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture
Students looking for the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture will get it below. This is important for students who want to study this course.
WAEC Subject Combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture
You need at least five subjects in WAEC (West Africa Examination Council). You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture in WAEC
- English Language
- Any science subject
JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture
In JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board), you need four subjects, and the English Language is compulsory. This examination is the one responsible for students’ admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture should include
- English Language
- Mathematics or Physics
List of Universities Offering Fisheries and Aquaculture in Nigeria
Universities Offering Fisheries and Aquaculture in Nigeria are also vital for students who want to study this course. They should also carry out studies about the universities, like their admission requirements, school fees, and other helpful information. Below are the school that offers this course in the country
- ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE – ADSU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE – FED-WUKARI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- NIGERIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO, DELTA STATE – MARITIME-UNI
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – SALEM
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Fisheries and Aquaculture is 150. But some federal and state university cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council), NECO (National Examination Council), or any O’Level examination. Applicants should also pass the university post-UTME.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Agric-Economics and Extension
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Education and Religious Studies
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Education and Social Studies