Some students courses are changed and sometimes denied admission because of the combination of wrong subjects. Two courses subject combinations might not be the same as they may not be in the same field. The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering are meant for students that want to study this course.
The combination of wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC can be very risky as this is among the admission requirements that universities need. This page will tell you what you need to know about Electrical Engineering, bring the universities offering this course and provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is a course that will take students about four years at the university and this is possible if there are no carryovers. It is a very competitive course and students might find the entrance difficult. Electrical Engineering is a science course and is only suitable for this set of students.
Job opportunities available for one who studied Electrical Engineering are high but at the same time very competitive. Students are advised to graduate with a good degree to easily secure a job. Below are some of the available careers for one who studied this course
- Broadcast Engineer.
- Technical Writer.
- Controls Engineer.
- Substation Technician.
- Electrical Project Manager.
- Electrical Designer.
- Electronic Communications Engineer.
- Hardware Engineer.
- Sustainability Engineer
- Electrical Project Manager
- Test Engineer
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering
Are you interested in the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering, you will get them below. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects. You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering in WAEC
- English Language
- Any Science subject
In JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and English Language is compulsory. This examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Electrical Engineering should include
- English Language
List of Universities Offering Electrical Engineering in Nigeria
Universities Offering Electrical Engineering in Nigeria is also important for students that want to study this course. They should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information. Below are the school that offers this course in the country
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE – KSUSTA
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- NIGERIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO, DELTA STATE – MARITIME-UN
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Electrical Engineering is 150. But some federal and state university cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Applicants should also pass the university Post-UTME.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Education and Chemistry
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Agric-Economics and Extension
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Education and Physics