Some students courses are changed and sometimes denied admission because of the combination of wrong subjects. Two courses subject combinations might not be the same as they may not be in the same field. The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Education and History are meant for students that want to study this course.
The combination of wrong subjects in JAMB and WAEC can be very risky as this is among the admission requirements that universities need. This page will tell you what you need to know about Education and History, bring the universities offering this course and provide other information that might be very helpful.
What You Need to Know About Education and History
Education and History is a course that will take students about four years at the university if there are no carryovers. It is not a very competitive course and students might not find the entrance difficult. Education and History is an art course and it is only suitable for this set of students.
It is under the faculty of education according to JAMB. Job opportunities for one who studied Education and History are low but competitive. Students should graduate with a good degree to secure a job easily. Below are some of the available careers for one who studied this course
- High School History Teacher.
- Community College History Lecturer.
- College or University History Professor.
- Government Historian.
- Historical Consultant.
- Political Advisor.
- Museum Curator.
JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Education and History
Are you interested in the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Education and History? You will get them below. This is important for students that want to study this course. In WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) you need at least five subjects. You can apply subjects in WAEC to NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Below is the Subject Combination for Education and History in WAEC
- English Language
- Any of two of Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies, French, Literature in English, Yoruba, Geography/Physics, Economics, Government and Hausa
In JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) you need four subjects and English Language is compulsory. This examination is the one responsible for students admission into the university. The JAMB subject combination for Education and History should include
- English Language
- English Language
- Any two art subjects
List of Universities Offering Education and History in Nigeria
Students should also consider the Universities Offering Education and History in Nigeria as they are important. They should also carry out studies about the universities like their admission requirements school fees and other useful information. Below are the school that offers this course in the country
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE – FED-KASHERE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE – FED-OTUOKE
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – MAITAMA
- TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE – TASUED
JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) cut-off mark for Education and History is 150. Some federal and state universities cut-off marks might be 180 or 200. Students need five credits in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or in NECO (National Examination Council) or any O’Level examination. Applicants should also pass the university Post-UTME.